Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 3, 2002, 2:43 PM   #1

Default Multiple flash units with the D60

I have a 550-EX mounted on the D-60 and a 420-EX on a light stand. What I am trying to do is adjust the ratio of the two flashes where the 550 has less output than the 420 while using full E-TTL. Basically the 420 would be my main flash and the on-camera 550 would be used for fill. Suggestions?
transco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2002, 10:14 PM   #2

Default Re: Multiple flash units with the D60

Quote:
Originally Posted by transco
I have a 550-EX mounted on the D-60 and a 420-EX on a light stand. What I am trying to do is adjust the ratio of the two flashes where the 550 has less output than the 420 while using full E-TTL. Basically the 420 would be my main flash and the on-camera 550 would be used for fill. Suggestions?
I often use two Canon 550-EX flashes on a macro flash bracket. Set one as the master (I'd suggest the 500-EX), the other as a slave. You can set the ratio of the flashes. I typically use something like 3:1 or 2:1 for mine. In your case, reverse the setting and use 1:2 or 1:3. That will reduce the output from the 550-EX relative to your other E-TTL flash.

Cheers,

Mitch
gmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2002, 12:08 AM   #3

Default Re: Multiple flash units with the D60

Mitch -

Exactly how do you set a 1:3 ratio (master:slave)? I can set 3:1, but so far haven't figured out 1:3.

Thanks,

- Ron
transco is offline   Reply With Quote