Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 21, 2005, 10:38 PM   #1

:?Hi, I need help with this, I went to purchase a Canon Rebel but the camera come with the Menu in Japanese, is some way to copy or download a firmware to change this menu to english??? ( japanese is the only option language abailable in the menu) any help going to be appreciated.
AMATHEU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:44 PM   #2
Administrator

The latest EOS 300D / Digital Rebel firmware is here:

http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigit...irmware-e.html

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 5:57 PM   #3

Thanks, but with that firmware can I get the differents lenguage menu???? I think this camera come from japan direectly, ( for save money I have this headache now)

thanks for you help (I start digital photo now but I read a lots from you site and the forums.)

Matheu
Old Mar 22, 2005, 8:11 PM   #4

If you hit menu when you turn on the camera you should arrow over three times and the first option when you arrow down once is language. Select english and there you go. That is how it works on my camera if I want to select Japanese,
irishfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 8:51 PM   #5

Yes that is you camera, but this one have only option

JAPANESE, Japanese, and J a p a n e s e, is not english or other lenguage, this camera come from some where in the other continent that is way purchase cheap, but I dont know if the firmware can fix this problem or I need copy anything from one camera into the other. thanks for all the help.

matheu

Old Mar 22, 2005, 11:03 PM   #6

Try the firmware then. You can't do anything with the camera like it is so you have nothing to lose. It is one of things that the old saying applies. You are in a win, win situation and have nothing to gain by not trying.
irishfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:20 AM   #7

I think I would email or call Canon support, explain the problem, ask if it's possible for the camera to be only Japanese, and find out if an install of new firmware would fix it.

If you do contact them, be sure to let them know theFirmware versionpresently in the camera.The firmwareversion can be foundin the Tools menu, Setup 2. Don't know how the word "Version" would be shown in Japanese, but it should show up as a string of numbers.
Mark_48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:38 AM   #8

Thanks to all, I going to try the firmware, this camera was purchased cheap from a web site store, so they import from Honk Kon or Japan, even the camera have not support here in US, is a risk but is a big difference in buks (320.00) compared with the stores the camera cost 490.00 with 18-55mm lens. ( not manual, battery, charger software just camera and lens) but I have adobe, a charger for my Mini Video camera is universal so the canon battery fit in there and charge 100% Y download the manual from canon site and cables I not need because I don't watch pictures in the TV, Ok every budy thanks a million for the ideas. let me see if I can post one or two pictures latter. thanks.OHHH I forgot can I have an ide what camera is better Fuji s7000 or Canon Rebel 300D? not mention the lens interchangeable just quality??

Matheu
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:51 AM   #9

AMATHEU wrote:
Quote:
This camera was purchased cheap from a web site store, so they import from Honk Kon or Japan, even the camera have not support here in US, is a risk but is a big difference in buks (320.00) compared with the stores the camera cost 490.00 with 18-55mm lens. ( not manual, battery, charger software just camera and lens)
Er, that website store wouldn't happen to be USA Photo Nation, would it? Another photo website had a spate of bitter-experience messages about it, and the reseller ratings site lists them just about at the bottom of the pile.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller8278.html
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:04 AM   #10

Thanks for these magnificent link, this link need to be in some place very handly so the people not make a mistake ordering for this scammers, is true the guy in the phone try to sale me anyway accessories for exesive price 139.00 a battery!!!!! when you can find for 24.00 buks or less (generic but work because I use generic in my video MV and is good like the JVC. budy thanks again.

What is the truth about AMAZON cheap prices like 400.00 500.00 with people "just launched" no information about these people?? just give the money and wait for a miracle?? or is truth?