Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 24, 2005, 5:13 PM   #1

Hey All

I am having the hardest time deciding on my new purchase. I was going for the 20D but due to an unforseen circumstance (the wife ) I have to scale down and so am betwee the Rebel XT & the D70. I am being pulled towards the D70 due to its feel and weight (Rebel XT is too small for me) so I was wondering if anyone has seen or played with the XT with the grip to see if it builks out the package a little more.

Let me know

WC
Wildcat_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2005, 8:29 PM   #2

I just picked up the grip for my XT from adarama. It makes a world of a difference! I've got pretty big hands and the small size of the XT was the only thing that bugged me about the camera. It also adds some heft to the camera which is much needed if you have big lens (I have the tokina 28-80 2.8 in addition to the 50mm prime on there). Here's a couple of shots of it:
Attached Images

josowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 8:29 PM   #3

Another shot:
Attached Images

josowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:45 AM   #4

Well let me inform you of this first if she is crazy about the cost of the camera a DSLR isnt for you, becuase you can spend many times what you pay for the camera in a lens or lenses, fliters, digital storage, flashes, batteries and other add ons.

Also the D70 is a great camera but you lose:a faster burst rate, a much deeper buffer, 1.7 mega pixels, and ISO 100 setting for noiseless silky smooth exposures.

Personnaly my next big buy is a 16-35mm F2.8L lens or the 20D both cost the same. Thats why if your buy an SLR your going to stick with the same brand unless you dont have much invested into you glass or have more money than the avg consumer.
VictorEM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 1:34 AM   #5

i ordered the 350 with Grip yesterday ^^
iam waiting for it to arrive, and its nice to see some pictures of it along side the mac keyboard, it give an idea of the size ^^
nice ^_^
chromatic is offline   Reply With Quote