Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 27, 2005, 4:11 PM   #21
Super Moderator

Actually I think that's actually a pretty impressive advertisement for the 17-85!

1/2 second shutter boy that IS sure does work doesn't it?

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much money you spend on a camera - it's only a camera. It can't teach you how to take pictures.

And yes, I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but here's a 100% crop from the boy's cap.

Print it as big as you like Mr Troll.
Attached Images

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 6:30 PM   #22

Thought you might get a kick out of this. fz10 says "Agree, the Canon EF-S 17-85 IS is the perfect "walkaround" and Im gonna buy this lens along with the Canon 350D, but like you I also need a long zoom lens ...". Troll?:O

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...m_id=23&page=1
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:10 PM   #23

DynamoHum wrote:
Quote:
Thought you might get a kick out of this. fz10 says "Agree, the Canon EF-S 17-85 IS is the perfect "walkaround" and Im gonna buy this lens along with the Canon 350D, but like you I also need a long zoom lens ...". Troll?:O

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...m_id=23&page=1
Nop,..... ...I wrote that before I found this link (you should have read the whole thread):

http://pcwin166.win.tue.nl/~debra/photos/newtest/

As I typed on this thread, I really wanted to buy this lens because I "thought" it was the "perfect" walkaround, unfortunately it isnt....and It's probably that I'll go for the 28-125 IS(next month) since I'll order the XT on friday.

However, I still believe the Canon 17-85 IS is a good alternative because of the IS and the focal lenght but Not for its optics.

Thats all....

It seems that People on this forum (who have the 17-85IS) have been swallowed by that non-sense tendency = the lenses I own and on which I spent a lot of money HAVE to be the best....it's a shame...even L lenses are not perfect...

Regards,
fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:19 PM   #24

BTW:

CLOSED CASE.

Dont wanna feed people who only attack others without having reason.

:sleep::sleep::sleep:
fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 11:11 PM   #25

Man. You change what's the best lens from day to day. I thought the Sigma was your "best". Now it's the Canon. You don't seem to know what you want and yet give out advise like you know what you're talking about. Get a lens . Get a camera and post something to show us you know something not what you read about on the net.
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 11:51 PM   #26

:cart:[1am brain dump]

The best lens is the one you have on you camera at the time the image presents itself.

A good zoom is a prime lens andyou feet.

Also to quotethe great war photographer Rober Capa,"If your pictures are not good enough you are not close enough".

[/1am brain dump]:homey:

:GMud.Shark.....err..Peter. :G
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote