Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:01 PM   #1

Do you have the battery/vertical grip for our SLR?? I do for my 20D and my Elan7e and my old OM1 (it's a motordrive)
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2005, 3:49 PM   #2

Yes.
Paul(UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2005, 3:37 PM   #3

Had one on my 10D with 100-400L, Shot so many photos freehand I got a callous on the bottom of my palm. Imaging how my fingers would have felt without it.

Reasonable to say, got one for my new 20D.

Tip: Only use 1 battery in the bg, replace when running low. Easier to recharge 1 than both at the same time. Never get caught without at least some power.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 3:20 AM   #4

On the 20D, what are the advantages of having the battery grip, besides more power?
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 3:43 AM   #5

I use mine all the time, makes it easier when you turn the camera on its side, with the extra button!

I use both batteries as I have 3 of them, 1 is the original Canon battery that I always use as spare and then 2 copy batteries I've bought off eBay.

I manage between 200-400 shots in a day when doing sports stuff and haven't worried about power at all!

I also use an EX550 flash on my 20D.

Carl.
CarlsPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 5:45 AM   #6

I have one for my Digital Rebel, use it mostly for basketball. I shoot 99% of those shots with the camera on its side. The extra button makes it a lot easier. I have 4 batteries for my camera (Ebay is great for that:-))
k1par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:55 AM   #7

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
On the 20D, what are the advantages of having the battery grip, besides more power?
Vertical shutter release

Oh and yes I have one. I will never use a Camera again without...unless its a 1 body
Spec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:39 PM   #8

I have one and its great, I have 5 batteries via sterling tek (a guy on here told me about them) they have been great I had to number them to remember to cycle them to keep them up to par.
VictorEM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:28 PM   #9

can you shoot faster than 5fps with the grip? I thought there was that advantage in addition to the extra power and extra shutter release, or can it store the info faster??? Or am I dreaming?
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 5:27 AM   #10

Nope. I think that was the case with some of the older canon film bodies, but digital is digital and its still just under 5FPS. What you get is double the battery duration and a camera that feels a lot better in your hand. You also get the vertical shutter release which is great for shooting portraits
Spec3 is offline   Reply With Quote