Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 9, 2005, 1:31 PM   #1

Hello, proud XT owners!

I'm still looking and saving for DSLR (feel like I need an upgrade for my S1 IS).

I have stoped by a couple of dealers in NYC and some of them sell XT labeled models and the others sell 350D labeled, but all claim that these are an original , carying all USA Canon warranties cameras.

For some reason I was under the impression that camera should be sold as XT for US market and as 350D for all others.

Am I wrong?(for almost a $1000 I want to be sure to get camera for US with all warranties available)

Thanks in advance for your time.
goshik1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2005, 9:03 PM   #2

goshik1966 wrote:
Quote:
For some reason I was under the impression that camera should be sold as XT for US market and as 350D for all others.
[align=left]Quote from "The Luminous Landscape" artical by Michael Reichmann [/align]
[align=left]This is a field report on the new Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT (as it's known in the US and Canada), or the 350D as it's known in Europe. (We won't mention that the same camera is called the Kiss n Digital in Japan). For simplicity sake I'll just call it the 350XT from now on.[/align]
[align=left]The review is very good but nothing like or in depth as "Steve's" It really is a field report. Would i get in trouble if i put in a link to it???[/align]
[align=left]dale[/align]
[align=left][/align]
thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 11:48 AM   #3

So, if that is the case, cameras labeled 350D should not be sold on US market because it doen't carry all the Canon USA warranties???
Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:05 PM   #4

I would have thought that if the camera shop is selling an imported item (not the Canada/USA version) then it comes without a Canon warrantee. For reputable companies like B&H, they provide their own warrantee for imported items.

Why not contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON and ask? Or go here to email them:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...;modelid=11154

Bob
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 8:37 PM   #5

BobA wrote:
Quote:
Why not contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON and ask? Or go here to email them:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...;modelid=11154
Truer words have never been spoken

dale
thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 10:20 PM   #6

Thank you very much or the info.

Sometimes obvious answer to the question is right in front of you, but unless somebody will point at it you wouldn't see it .

Definitely will call Canon tomorrow

Thanks again
Old Apr 12, 2005, 8:39 PM   #7

Just today talked to Canon USA and YES - only XT labelled units will be fully covered by US warranty .

If anybody thinking of getting one , please, do yourself a favor and check model of the camera. Same rule applies for Rebel and 300D.

Thanks