Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:23 AM   #21
Administrator

If using Sensor Swabs and Eclipse is not appealing, there is a news release about a new product called DSLRClean™ on our March breaking news page.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:50 AM   #22

BobA wrote:
Quote:
True that the title of the thread is wrong, but I see no issue withNancy's post regarding her experience at B&H. Seems to me that she is just stating that she received less than adequate customer service at the return counter.
Bob

She says that B&H tried to rip her off, purely because her card was still in the camera! That's a pretty harsh accusation. Personally I think their service to her was outstanding, they gave her a new camera because her previous sensor was dirty. That's fantastic service!

HiltonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:53 AM   #23

I don't know exactly what Hiltop has against me, nor do I know where he is from. But I am a New Yorker, born and bred. We are trained by our parents and our environment, to look around, be attentive, and to be very careful, because this city can be relentless - reminds me of that term "profiling" that you hear so often.

While it is true that they swapped the camera, with no problems, he noticed the card in the camera, as well as the battery. He took the battery out, saw me look at him put the battery in my new box, and quickly put the camera below the counter as he boxed it away, leaving the card in the camera. And as a New Yorker I see it all of the time, cabbies trying to pocket change, people pulling the ole' bait N switch etc. and it was just like that, he knew what he was doing. Especially being that he tried to do it again, with the box in his lap (which means he had a full arial view of the contents of my box, he puts all of the paperwork directly on top of my cables (usb and video). He seemed to be upset for not being able to get my card and was trying his tricks again. I called him on it, and he gave me a smirk, pulled the paperwork back out of the box and gave me my cables. And I might sound a bit paranoid, and I do know in a court of law this is all circumstantial, but I know what I saw, I know people like that, believe what you want.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:02 PM   #24

Nancy, I've got nothing against you, and I guess how you conduct yourself in New York City is your choice . . . but you started a thread with words like "friggin" and "busted" in the title refering to your sensor, when, with 2 minutes of searching you would have found it to only be dirty. Threads like this are misleading at best, and incorrect at worst.
HiltonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 2:58 PM   #25

Hilton, it was said jokingly, as I pointed out inthefirst line of my thread. And I understand that it might have been dust, but if that was the case, I also pointed out, that I have never seen that shape (with the halo around it), I was expecting dust on the sensor to look like dust looks when it is on a negative and printed, like little spots. After all, if one has never seen it, how would one know? This is why I pointed out that Canon should have a picture of what dust particles look like, otherwise, newbies to the dSLRs would have no idea, and I am sure there are a lot of people who have returned their cameras. So while my title (as funny as I thought it was), might not be accurate, I think my point is quite valid, and all other newbies won't make the same mistake. \

And as far as doing research about dirty sensors, sure I hear about them more than the good stuff about the cameras, but there was only one site that had a picture of what it looked like, which I couldn't find but was pointed out by Bob, whom I might add is quite the gentleman, maybe you could take lessons from him???
Old Apr 12, 2005, 3:16 AM   #26

I do like B&H and I have been shopping there since I was about 19 years old (when it was on 17th street btw 6th & 7th Avenues - now I think Cambridge Camera is in that space). But if y'all can remember way back when, B&H was the cheapest b/c it sold primarily grey market products. I frequently bought equipment where the box was already opened, bought a vidcam once that had a tape already in it. When I played the tape ther was a man filming/taping his family complaining about the small lcd screen, he obviously returned it. It is a great camera, I still have it today! But B&H was always a little shady. When I interned briefly for Scavullo, he had us running to B&H almost 3x a day. And also Fotocare (on 21st street, I believe) which is a great store, with incredible customer care and support, it just isn't the cheapest price, but we only bought our Zeiss lenses from them. Might be getting a little OT, but.... I have years of experience with B&H so I do know their game. But for you out of towners reading this, I also want you to know that I have been lazy over the past couple of years and with the exception of buying my cameras (Panaleica FZ20 & the 20D) I always shop online and have the products shipped to my house, I would guess-timate about 30 orders in the past year (a lot of that is supplies). And with the exception of once getting a filter that wasn't the one I ordered (the outside box had the correct filter #, but inside it was a totally different one), I have never had a problem, and if I order on Monday, I usually get it by Wed., Thurs. the latest. When I first started to shop online I was worried that they would send me repackaged stuff, but it has never happened, and y'all should feel 100% confident in ordering online from them.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 7:19 AM   #29

HiltonP wrote:
Quote:
BobA wrote:
Quote:
True that the title of the thread is wrong, but I see no issue with Nancy's post regarding her experience at B&H. Seems to me that she is just stating that she received less than adequate customer service at the return counter.
Bob

She says that B&H tried to rip her off, purely because her card was still in the camera! That's a pretty harsh accusation. Personally I think their service to her was outstanding, they gave her a new camera because her previous sensor was dirty. That's fantastic service!
"That's fantastic service!"
Ye dirty your sensor inside warrenty get a new body :idea:
lumix is offline   Reply With Quote