Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 16, 2005, 4:54 PM   #1

What's the catch here for the body only? http://www.bestchoicedigital.com/sto...p;Item_ID=3300 Seems to inexpensive to be real. Anyone have experience with these guys? Thanks.
kbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2005, 4:56 PM   #2

Scam...
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller9018.html

mactek
mactek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 5:04 PM   #3

Oh barf, that is NOT pretty. Glad I asked. . . Thanks for the link. Trying to find the body only for less than $1200. I see a few sites where you can get it, but I do want the warranty, battery, etc. (the stuff that is standard with the camera). Missed out on the Dell deal. Thanks!
kbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 7:58 PM   #4

Watch out where you buy stuff.

It is possible to get the 20D body only for a tad under $1,000, but only from Dell when they have a bunch of sales and coupons available.

I just purchased the Rebel XT kitfor $730 from Dell after using coupons & discounts.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:33 AM   #5

I guess you missed out on the Canon DSLR & lens sale at Dell.com: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=37

That was their 2nd sale in 2 weeks. Dunno if they're gonna offer another one soon.
AlpineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 4:17 PM   #6
djb

I missed out on the Dell deal but still went and puschased from B&H last night. The prices for the 20D have been dropping a bit. I wonder if a "30D" may be on the way.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 5:12 PM   #7

Maybe about 1.5 years to go, the Canon DSLR models seem to have a 2 year shelflife.:-)

Prices always drop a bit as new competition comes out.I got my 20D on a corporate "event" buy for 200$cdn less than market 1 month after it came out. And now you see special sales with the price 100$cdn-200$cdn less than standard retail. But you won't see it for muchless than that until just before it is discontinued, Canon will not allow heavy discounting.

If you find it somewhere for less than what normal stores retail it, itis either a scam, sold without its standard pack-ins or gray-market. Thereare unfortunatelylots of scammers waiting to take your cash if you let them. :sad:

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote