Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 20, 2005, 9:46 PM   #1

EOS 20D Firmware Update Version 2.0.0

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/eos20...irmware-e.html

Only one change from earlier releseaddsSupport for the wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.

I think I will skip this one unless I get the wireless adapter. :!:

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:13 PM   #2
djb

I've been reading on other forums that loading the new firmware goes to about 94% finished and locks the whole camera up. most have to take the battery out and then try it again, the 2nd try usually works. I hear it's only a change for remote stuff.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:34 PM   #3

Peter,

I agree with you. Unless someone is looking at purchasing the $950 wireless transmitter this one should probably be skipped. There is absolutely no mention from Canon that it contains patches for any other issues.

Personally my 20D has been working flawlessly, so even if there were a patch for something that I haven't experienced yet ... it must be a pretty minor issue, so it would be better to wait a month to see if the patch introduced any new bugs first (i.e., at least wait for version 2.0.1).

Bob
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 11:23 PM   #4

look at it agin, doesn't it say that it fixes the problem of the shutter release not working. I've noticed a number of times while shooting that the shutter release stops working, I usually just turn the camera off and on, it fixes it.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"So why Skip it????

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I currently have Firmware 1.1.0
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 11:56 PM   #5

Hi Matthew,

Nope, that was for firmware version 1.0.4/1.0.5. If you hadpurchased your 20Dwithin the last few months it was version 1.1.0.

This version is onlyto support the new wireless transmitter.

Bob
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:59 AM   #6

djb wrote:
Quote:
I've been reading on other forums that loading the new firmware goes to about 94% finished and locks the whole camera up. most have to take the battery out and then try it again, the 2nd try usually works. I hear it's only a change for remote stuff.

dennis
Mine paused slightly (maybe 2 seconds) at 94% but carried on and finished with no problems.
Paul(UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 11:39 AM   #7

djb wrote:
Quote:
I've been reading on other forums that loading the new firmware goes to about 94% finished and locks the whole camera up. most have to take the battery out and then try it again, the 2nd try usually works.* I hear it's only a change for remote stuff.

dennis
It just happened to me Dennis ... and scared the living daylights out of me (only just got the 20D). Pitty I did not read your quote before I carried out the upgrade :sad: It would'nt have been such a surpise, however, not knowing what to do at that stage, I pulled the battery and then replaced it. I some how managed a second bite of the cherry ..... "It worked" :-)

Brian
Brian210 is offline   Reply With Quote