Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 26, 2005, 2:18 PM   #1

Hey guys and girls
Im new to Steves and from reading through some posts it seems a pretty nice place.

Ive just bought a Canon 20D and i'm over the moon with the quality and functions it has given me.
Everything works fine using it jpg's but when i change the camera setting to RAW my computor dosnt detect any images on the camera but I can view the images on my camera display.

Im pretty sure its not a camera problem but more of a PC hitch. All of the software has been loaded.
When i connect the pc to camera and turn the camera on the only option that pops up is 'Microsoft scanner and camera wizard'. Is this normal?

If anyone could help please do.
Many thanks
tim tim
tim tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2005, 2:52 PM   #2
Super Moderator

here's the step by step...

1. connect camera to computer

2. close out that dialogue that asks you if you want to load it using microsoft scanner and whatever.

3. open Canon'sEasy Viewer utility

4. in the left window abover your computer will be a folder for canon 20d. click on that and click through until you find your pictures.. they will be in afolder called 101, 102, etc..

5. this should bring them up in the right had frame with a thumbnail picture

6. now you can go to the edit drop down, choose select images, and select all...

7. once they are all selected, you can now drag them as a whole to whatever file you wish to save them in your computer

another option...

if you have a card reader, the browser software in photoshop elements will recognize them automatically and prompt you to get them..

good luck,

dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 3:40 PM   #3

Dustin,
You were probably thinking 'why dosnt he just read the manual?'
The manual is all in French!! I can just about order an ice cream in french let alone the whole manual!! :-)

Many thanks for your help, panic over.
tim tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 5:19 PM   #4
Super Moderator

lol... :G
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 7:17 PM   #5

French Eh!,:-) All Canon manuals are available online.

You can find the CanonEOS 20D manuals here as are other FAQ's downloads and links for the EOS 20D are from this page http://www.canon.ca/english/index-cu...rt.asp?pid=299

Manuals are under the documentation heading :blah:

Peter.

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:49 PM   #6

I could not see RAW images on my computer either. If the above advise does not work for you try this:
Quote:
Alternatively, change the "Communication" setting on the camera. The manual says use "Normal" but if I want to use windows explorer to transfer the CR2 files I have to change it to "PTP".
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote