Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 30, 2005, 9:54 PM   #1

:? Really strange situation. Bought the Canon 20D at Best Buy (Store) this afternoon. Going on vacation Wed. Got theboxes home- had to go out to dinner with friends (This was pure will power) - got home a little while ago, opened the box (still had best buy 14 day return security tape on the box) and started unpacking.

Camera there, Lense there, two cables, all docs (still sealed in plastic), SW CD's, all there. Camera still wrapped, no finger prints, etc on screens, lense, etc.

NO BATTERY, NO CHARGER !!!

BUMMER !!!

Guess where I'll be in the morning!!! Only concern I've got is if they think I've opened the box and removed the stuff. Since I've got a camera, lense, external flash, 75-300 lense, microdrive and other stuff, I hope their manager is going to be reasonable. Really weird situation since I made her dig to get the box that still had the tape on it.

Anybody run into this little Gem before??

Confused and really bummed.
rpsellerstlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2005, 11:13 PM   #2

That has to be disappointing, but hopefully Best Buy will show that they provide good after sales service and correct the error. Let us know how things work out!

Bob
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 12:33 AM   #3

you will be able to return the camera and get another box that will hopefully have something in it.

it is their policy and it doesnt cost them really anything to send the camera back to canon.

as long as you are plesant with the people that are working there, you should be ableto get what you need without any problems
lemondster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 4:30 PM   #4

Well, the Best Buy guys had to work on it for a while, but they finally came through. First tried to give me the battery and charger from an open box. Great - except that they were Nikon D70 charger/battery !!

Then, they couldn't find a charger - Said they were going to take the cost of the charger off of my total purchase - hah, and also tried to give me a battery from another open box, however, with the wrong battery and with no charger, camera still worthless.

Finally - the manager got involved, took the camera back as a return, got another box, opened it, check everything was there and did the exchange. Moving on to actually checking out the camera now.

...rs...

rpsellerstlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 4:37 PM   #5

Judging by the way the employees handled this it is easy to figure out how your box was missing stuff...

H
bigboyhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 7:26 AM   #6

bigboyhf wrote:
Quote:
Judging by the way the employees handled this it is easy to figure out how your box was missing stuff...
Truer statements have never been spoken.... I bet they have a lot of "Open Box" sales.

dale
thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:02 PM   #7

Haven't you heard the modern expression, "Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy!" ???
wburychka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2005, 12:05 AM   #8
J_R

that sucks
but i have purchased a lot of stuff (NOT camera related)
and never really had a problem with them. when i did
they always took care of it to my satisfaction.

J_R is offline   Reply With Quote