Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 31, 2005, 8:24 PM   #1

Hi, thanks for the help, today I get my 20D after travel from Digital Rebel, Digital Rebel XT and now Digital Rebel 20D, is great camera, but the first thing I saw and kill me was when I focus some thing and I get closer I see from the viewfinder like sandy, grainy, I don't see a clear picture I call canon and they told me call the store back, but I run to Circuitcity and the camera there have same thing, I went to Wolfcamera and the guy there told me is because the cheap lens, (I believe hem), but I put my sigma 28-300mm and I see same thing but not to hard like with the other lens, some Buddy saw this before, or this is a defect in the camera (the others two I saw same thing), any comments or advice going to be hardly appreciated.

Ohh and I forget the pictures with flash little dark (with iso 800 8' from objet)

with the others Rebel I never saw anything like that!

thanks

Amatheu
:?:sad:
AMATHEU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2005, 8:50 PM   #2

Could you please describe in detail exactly what you're doing?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "and I get closer"

Do you mean physically move closer? Do you mean zoom in to the image during playback? I don't get it.

The behavour of the flash is partially dependent on the mode you are shooting in (manual, Av, Tv, P, whatever.) What mode did you use in the example you gave? The built in flash should be able to reach 8 feet.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 9:06 PM   #3

ok, thanks, here is the case,

wen I focus the image and I zoom, I see more sandy ,grainy the image in the viewfinder,

lens is 18-55mm ok , I focus at 18mm and the grainy or sandy is almost invisible, but when I use the lens in 55mmis very hard the sandy or grainy, with the sigma is little less, I really start believe the problem are the lens.

the picture in the computer are nice but little dark ( I rice the flash level)

is almost exactly like the transparency film sheets 8.5 X 10 (use for the schools or projects)

thanks for the help

Amatheu

Old May 31, 2005, 9:34 PM   #4
Super Moderator

the viefinder has a matte finish on it.. therefore the image you see through it should have a slightly grainy look to it.. that is pefectly normal and is nothing to worry about..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 10:51 PM   #5

You have adjusted the "Dioptic" adjustment??? On the XT the little wheel by the eye piece I don't know how its is on the 20D but it's there somewhere close by.

dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 11:26 PM   #6

thanks, I think I can live with that, but the flash not help to much I have to work the picture with the program to fill flash other way is little dark.

yes the dioptic is adjusted fine I have clear and charp picture in the viewfinder but with the only thing that is grainy or sandy, but I think when I get some money but I decent lens.

thanks every buddy

amatheu:|

Old Jun 1, 2005, 9:54 AM   #7

Try using flash compensation at about +1. The 20D tends to underexpose flash pics and is well documented on this forum...

H
bigboyhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:25 AM   #8

bigboyhf wrote:
Quote:
Try using flash compensation at about +1. The 20D tends to underexpose flash pics and is well documented on this forum...

H

thanks