Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 12, 2005, 6:04 AM   #1

I recently purchased the Canon 20D. I have an IBM Microdirve and a Hitachi Microdrive card. Both fit very easily when putting themin and taking them out of my friend's Rebel XT. However when I tried the IBM in my 20D it was such a tight fit I was afraid I would break something. I had to really push it in. After pushing the release button for it to pop upfor removal itwas so tight I couldn't pull it the rest of the way out with my fingers. I had to use pliers to remove it. The Hitachi seems a little tight but I can get it out with some effort. I can still exchange the camera for another one and maybe this is what I should do. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Also, I have a very small 8MB Canon CF card and when I put it in the 20D it tells me the card is full. I have formatted it in the camera and when I view the files on it the card shows it is empty. The card works fine on my little Canon S10. Why would the 20D tell me the card is full?

Thanks, I need all the help I can get!
Shirliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2005, 6:32 AM   #2
NHL

You can take your drives and try them at the store and see how they fit in another 20D :idea:

... the only difference between the IBM and the Hitachi is the color plastic wrap! - Is this covering loose by any chance (i.e. bubbles)?
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 6:58 AM   #3

Thanks NHL, I will take them today. No there are no bubbles and the wrap seems tight on the card.
Shirliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 5:34 PM   #4

Shirliann wrote:
Quote:
I recently purchased the Canon 20D.
Also, I have a very small 8MB Canon CF card and when I put it in the 20D it tells me the card is full. I have formatted it in the camera and when I view the files on it the card shows it is empty. The card works fine on my little Canon S10. Why would the 20D tell me the card is full?

Thanks, I need all the help I can get!
You probably get the CF FULL message because 8MB (which is less after formatting) is not enough space to hold even one 20D RAW image.
wburychka is offline   Reply With Quote