Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 6, 2005, 9:14 AM   #11

amg1957 wrote:
Quote:
I just using the built in flash. So I should get a flash for the hot shoe?

amg1957,

For me it is really difficult to see what the problem is that you are talking about since all of the pictures you have focused are out of focus. The one you felt had the least problem was the most out of focus, and the hair is just blurred to the point where there is little detail.

I agree that the detail is poor for the woman next to the one that is out of focus. I have a few questions for you:

- What ISO was used?
- Whas the photo properly exposed or did you have to brighten it up after taking the shot?
- What resolution was it shot at?

Bob
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:04 PM   #12

I had it on automatic, so auto focus, flash and ISO. Also, others have told me that they call them the "jaggies" and it is related to the flash off the hair. Sounds like I need to get a better flash (and maybe focus better!)
amg1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 8:54 PM   #13

I don't have a dslr, but I have a 7mp canon, and when I got the camera, I was using old software. I thought the camera was broken, but really it was the software. I know exactly what you are talking about- it almost looks like frizzy straw from a haystack!

Hope this helps your problem!
bridgetb is offline   Reply With Quote