Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 29, 2005, 6:26 PM   #11

I ordered my 20d today from Beach Camera. body only was $1262 and if you don't mind waiting 7 to 10 days you can get free shipping. I'm not one that likes to wait so I went for the 2 to 3 days for $11.95 pretty cheap for shipping compaired to others that want as much as $38 to ship. They called 20 minutes after I place my order on line to verify my shipping address and 15 minutes after that I got an e-mail with the fed-ex conframation number.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 1:19 AM   #12

Caboose wrote:
Quote:
I ordered my 20d today from Beach Camera. body only was $1262 and if you don't mind waiting 7 to 10 days you can get free shipping. I'm not one that likes to wait so I went for the 2 to 3 days for $11.95 pretty cheap for shipping compaired to others that want as much as $38 to ship. They called 20 minutes after I place my order on line to verify my shipping address and 15 minutes after that I got an e-mail with the fed-ex conframation number.

Beach Camera has a very good rating at reselleratings.com . Another store that scores well and seems to be used a lot by the members of another forum I visit is buydig.com . They pretty much have the lowest prices of any of the reputable dealers. Right now they have the 20D body for $1259.
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 10:46 AM   #13

Well I guess my gamble paid off. Although I'm left scratching my head.

Won an auction on eBay for the 20D kit, so with lens. Total price, including shipping was 1271.

The packaging was from B&H, and the included receipt said purchased by, [purchaser name] shipped to [my name]. The price on the B&H invoice was $1399 + 45 shipping = $1435 total. What the heck? The origination address was B&H. The serial # on the invoice matches the serial # on the camera.

In the auction description the seller states, "bought these (20D's) as gifts for clients but circumstances changed, now need to let them go."

Anyway, the camera looks and feels brand new. My order for the Sigma 17-35 EX DG arrived from amazon at the same time. Its much heavier than I thought, but the trade off is the quality appears to be outstanding.

The whole setup is great and I'm very pleased (though I've been pretty fickle with cameras).
karmasoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:58 PM   #14

Generally I buy from a reputable place so that I have a 100 percent chance of being able to do a no hassle return.

At B&H, I can do a no-hassle return.

Some other places one might not be so luckly.

--- Terry
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote