Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 13, 2005, 2:20 PM   #21

Was going to save up and buy mine from B&H but went to my local mall and they had a scratch off game and I got the 20% off coupon and my Best Buy had it for $1600 but with the 20% off and the $100 rebate I got it for $1180 for the standard kit.I still recommend your local camera shop or B&H but when you can get it for that price you have to get it.Also I cot the extended warrenty and get a brand new battery every year.

Charlie
Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 3:37 PM   #22

Striderxl wrote:
Quote:
Was going to save up and buy mine from B&H but went to my local mall and they had a scratch off game and I got the 20% off coupon and my Best Buy had it for $1600 but with the 20% off and the $100 rebate I got it for $1180 for the standard kit.I still recommend your local camera shop or B&H but when you can get it for that price you have to get it.Also I cot the extended warrenty and get a brand new battery every year.

Charlie
Fantastic Charlie! Nice to see someone get an honest deal. It would be pretty hard to beat that price.
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:45 PM   #23

I had purchased two cameras from buydig.com and I must say that I am 100% happy with both of my purchases.

For reference I purchased Fuji S5000 and couple of months ago 300D. Both cameras came brandnew with factory warranty and the best thing is that I didnt get charged for shipping and tax since they are based from New York
rally123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2005, 5:10 PM   #24

When I posted, amazon had it for $790. Unfortunately, this was a listing mistake and no cameras were shipped at that price (cards refunded). Oh well. (I've had good luck from buydig in the past too.)
sjburges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 3:54 PM   #25

BobA wrote:
Quote:
Fantastic Charlie! Nice to see someone get an honest deal. It would be pretty hard to beat that price.
Quote:
Thanks Bob.This is why I posted as you may find a great deal out there anywhere.This was just my local mall trying to hlp the stores out.It also happened to be on my anniversary,so if I didnt take the day off I might have missed it.
Quote:
Charlie
Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 9:36 PM   #26

~I've priced out what I am planning on gettingusing BH's pricesand this is what I came up with.

20D with kit lens-$1,399.95

Canon 70-200 f4L-$579.95

EF 50mm f/1.8 II-$74.95

Kata R-102-$139.95

Total comes to $2,217.95 with shipping and tax.

Does this seem expensive with what I have listed?:sad:~

8)
PhillyPhotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:03 AM   #27

Seems pretty reasonable to me. B&H is aVERY reputable store with decent pricing.

You can get the camera with kit lens, 70-200 and 50mm at buydig.com for $1956.90 versus $2054.85 from B&H. However, both resellers have good reputations, and $99 isn't a big difference on an order of this size. Personally I would go with B&H since I've made several purchases from them and they have all gone flawlessly. Others swear by buydig.com.

Bob

Old Aug 30, 2005, 1:23 PM   #28

I just bought a 20D (body) from Dell for $1100 after 25% off coupon and 2% off coupon. Check them out.

Bob

bob_ledyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:18 PM   #29

bob_ledyard wrote:
Quote:
I just bought a 20D (body) from Dell for $1100 after 25% off coupon and 2% off coupon. Check them out.

Bob

That's a very good deal Bob. Congrats!
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:37 PM   #30

Now the bad news??

First thing I noticed in the new 20D was a longfiber and several dirt specks on the focusing platewhen looking through theviewfinder. AND,when I looked atthe first few pictures ---4 OBVIOUS dust specks when the full frame was printed at about 6x9" (I found over 20 pieces of dirt on the CMOS filter on a f32 shot of the sky takento just tocheck for imager dirt).

I don't know if this is typical for a new camera. I was afraid to try cleaning a NEW camera to avoid being blamed for causing the problem if I couldn't clean it. Dell website is not very friendly with regard to customer support/refunds (I couldn't easily find help). Eventually, I called customer service. It seemed the option was to return for refund.

So, back to the search for a dslr! $1100 for a dslr body was my price point and Dell was the only vendor to offer that for the 20D.

Bob

bob_ledyard is offline   Reply With Quote