Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 6, 2005, 12:35 PM   #1

I just bought the canon rebel EOS 300 D and am having second thought s thinking I should have gotten the XT (350) but it's about 200 bucks more. Is it worth getting the other one or just stick with what I have? Will the extra 2 mega pixels be worth it?
inspector830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2005, 4:16 PM   #2

the 350d is crap.
sajdahgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 4:36 PM   #3

sajdahgraphics wrote:
Quote:
the 350d is crap.

hahaha. no.
okcomputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 5:17 PM   #4

For what reasons??

Thanks
inspector830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 5:19 PM   #5

i find the 350D small,so im sticking with the 300D.Although its a superior camera from every angle.I only wish they made it bigger
gaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 6:21 PM   #6

If you load the Russian hack that allows the added features of flash exposure compensation and ISO 3200 among other things, the Digital Rebel is quite a good shooter. The Rebel XT now offers flash exposure compensation, but only if you use the menu system. With the hack, flash exposure compensation on the Digital Rebel is accessed by simply clicking on a button- much more user friendly.

Go to a store that carries the Digital Rebel XT. I tried one in a CompUSA store- it had both an XT and original Digital Rebel side by side. The XT is substantially smaller. I find the original Digital Rebel much more ergonomically stable, and my hands are small.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 6:35 PM   #7

the russian hack works wonders,one thing i wish is to be able to use "tracking focus" in AP,Av and M
gaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 4:37 PM   #8

the 350d has terrible ergonomics. only small handed people will like this

the dial is in a retarted place. and the shutter release button is too easy to press, and is also i a dumb place (pushed out to the front of camera).

bad LCD, and retarted in camera setting changing.

different batteries from the pro cameras canon makesso would be a bad back-up camera.

awkward to use EV and the dial.

terribly small viewfinder that is well.....dim.

everything is plastic.

i have more pet peeves, but this was enough for me not to buy it.

totally non-pro. if you want the camera to work for you, buy it. if youre an artist, get the 20d. this camera will just get in your way.

check out the review at luminous landscape.

people feel bad bashing a company like canon. but this camera is just no good. even though they make the eos 20d
Old Aug 9, 2005, 3:24 AM   #9

Some people are happy with the size, but it is true the viewfinder is small. This was a deliberate strategy of Canon, as they advertise on that aspecta fair bit.

Unless I am wrong (I might be, I am not experienced), the rebel and rebel xt are meant to be starters DSLR, so the comparison with the 20D whichis a class higher is unfair, and price does come into play.
polarwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 3:22 PM   #10

polar, thats true. it is unfair to compare the two. but for me, i think the XT will limit people, not let them easily try out new features and, well.....experiment. you know.