Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 19, 2005, 1:27 PM   #11
Super Moderator

i totally disagree... the ef-s is here to stay, like it or not.. canon makes a ton of money on each of these lenses because it costs a lot less to make since it requires less glass to get the same optical quality... they then sell the lens based on optical quality and not the amount of materials and make a fortune.. they will never switch over their line to entirely full frame as it makes no sense either.. it is much cheaper to produce a crop factor camera.. not only that, there are some shooters (wildlife, sports, etc) that prefer the 1.6x factor to make their teles a little longer..

they will continue to have 1.6x's and full frames both... your choice.. but i still think the 1.3x is on its way out..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 12:43 PM   #12

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:
they will continue to have 1.6x's and full frames both... your choice.. but i still think the 1.3x is on its way out..

I think so, too.

Ciao, Wolfie
wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 12:52 PM   #13

That's OK. Anyone out there want to sell me their 1D Mark II cheap so they can upgrade to this new full frame model? I'm more than willing to put up with a 1.3 crop for 3-4 more years until prices on the full frame model come down.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 1:05 PM   #14
Super Moderator

i think you will be able to do just that real soon here greg.. or pick up an older 1ds... i think you will see both of these models come down in used prices when the 5d makes its appearance..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote