Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 17, 2005, 11:34 PM   #1

My 20D has been working just fine up until today when it started having a problem with the autofocus. It doesn't matter what lens I have on it, and all my lenses work fine on my Digital Rebel. I taken the battery out, put a different one in.I tried all different modes. It does seem to work in the in most of the automatic modes except sports, but none of the manual modes. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2005, 5:16 PM   #2

Well I figured it out, pretty stupid of me. I inadvertently had it set for AI servo, once I set it back to single shot the problem was solved. Must just be the intelligence that radiates from this forum. I figured it out just about 10 minutes after I posted my problem.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:13 AM   #3

Did something similar the other day when I accidentally switched the timer on. There I was pressing the shutter release ... having nothing happen ... then hearing the shutter as I'm scratching my head looking at my camera wondering what's wrong with it :lol:

Bob

BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 1:55 AM   #4
Super Moderator

accidently hit the mf switch one day.. and in a moment of pure stupidity.. couldnt figure out why my camera kept firing prematurely..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 1:55 AM   #5
Super Moderator

BTW- no jokes based on that last post please.. lets keep it PG around here.. :blah:
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:34 PM   #6

Had a similar problem and decided to reset the camera to the original factory settings and it works fine. :-)

Patrick.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:05 PM   #7
3DJ

I just had this same exact problem on vacation last week, I spoke to Canon and we couldn't trouble shoot past resetting everything because I didn't have another lense to compare the problem too. Now I am at work and tried another lense, it doesn't work either.*Any ideas?Thanks-Jim
3DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:20 AM   #8

Listen to what happened to me:-) I took my glasses off for some reason and didn't put them back on. I then decide to play around with my 20D. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't focus:? I tried everything and no luck After about 15 minutes trying to figure what went wrong I realized I didn't have my glasses on :-) Put my glasses on and everything was better :-) Now thiswas a stupid mistake! :-)
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 7:13 AM   #9

mmmmmm "PREMATURE" now what could be funny about that?????
(tongue firmly plantedin cheek):blah:
sojouner is offline   Reply With Quote