Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 28, 2005, 12:41 PM   #1

Please help I have a 3 month old Rebel XT that I have loved using, have taken 1679 pictures with it. Used it on Tuesday to take some sunset pictures (nice warm night) however today (Sunday) got it out of the bag only to find it wouldn't turn on at all :sad:. Drove round to find an open camera shop, when I did, the very helpful staff (Jessops Portsmouth) let me try my battery in their camera, all OK there and then their charged battery in my camera, still no life. Swapped over for a spare CF and no joy, tried with no CF, still no life.

Please help, is there a reset button, is there a known problem or am I up the creek without a paddle.

Yours

Bob

bob_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2005, 5:57 PM   #2

At this point, the best thing to do is call the only people who will be able to figure it out for sure, Canon. They may have some special way of resetting things, but most likely you'll have to send it in for repair. It's still under warrantly, so at least it will only cost you lost time with your camera, which sucks but is better than having to pay for the repair yourself.
G35Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2005, 6:04 PM   #3

Thanks G35Guy. I will be on the phone to them first thing Tuesday, it's a public holiday on Mondaythis side of the pond. Why do these things always happen on a long weekend :sad:
bob_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote