Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 6, 2005, 6:46 AM   #1

I was about to do a fashion shoot for a friend's clothingcompany andwas doing a bitof testing.I attached the camera to make long lens and checked the depth of field and everything looked fine until I pressed the menu button. Absolutely nothing happened. So I pressed the shutter button down and nothing happened. It stillautofocussed butwouldn't take the shot. Iswitched the camera on and off and it didn't fixit. Only after I took the battery and theflash card out and put it in did it work again. Is this the freezing problem everyonetalks about or is this something I need to worry about?

I stillhave the initial firmware.
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2005, 8:56 AM   #2

JohnReid wrote:
Quote:
I was about to do a fashion shoot for a friend's clothingcompany andwas doing a bitof testing.I attached the camera to make long lens and checked the depth of field and everything looked fine until I pressed the menu button. Absolutely nothing happened. So I pressed the shutter button down and nothing happened. It stillautofocussed butwouldn't take the shot. Iswitched the camera on and off and it didn't fixit. Only after I took the battery and theflash card out and put it in did it work again. Is this the freezing problem everyonetalks about or is this something I need to worry about?

I stillhave the initial firmware.
It could be, especially if your firmware is earlier than 1.0.4. Go to the Canon Be-Bit page and get the update. Just follow the instructions carefully and noter that you need a card reader.

http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos20d/e...irmware-e.html

Bob
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2005, 12:49 PM   #3

I had this happen when I first attached my Tokina 124. Had to remove and re-insert battery. No problems since, except for a brief no-response from my EF 50mm f1.8 (series I). These DSLRs are rather "touchy".
Ctrack is offline   Reply With Quote