Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:28 PM   #21

ariaudo wrote:
Quote:
I'd also like to say - darn good pictures! Well done!
Yeah... good job as well. =o) Sorry... they just took forever though.

Good photos for the conditions and equipment used. =o) Keep it up!

-tlmiller10
tlmiller10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 6:00 PM   #22

Quote:
resize those photos! Ack... I'm NOT on dialup and they're still taking a long time. =o)

-tlmiller10
Yeah yea yeah.... It was 4am and i was still drunk when i downloaded those photos off my camera last night/early this morning.

I'm going to re-size ALL 600 or so photos when i get a few minutes of time. I just wanted to post up a few selections which i really liked in full and unedited form.

OK.... i just resized the folder i linked earlier in the thread. They're much smaller now. They'll be done uploading in about 5 minutes.
Andrew LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 6:11 PM   #23

Here are a few selections. I'm going to sort through the other 550 photos when i get some time. I still gotta process the images and work on some levels and color. The bright sun washed out some of the color outside.

Old Sep 26, 2005, 6:14 PM   #24

You focus is off in many of the shots, but with the kit lens, beggars can't be choosers.

Good job.

-tlmiller10
tlmiller10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 6:48 PM   #25

Yeah. I had some problems with focusing on images in time since the stocker lens is so slow. Plus it kept trying to re-focus when i was shooting at rapid speed via the AV and P modes on the camera using the AV-Servo option. I also think i had some of the settings on the flash not set correctly. I cant wait to see the photographs taken by the pro who they hired. I want to see how hers turned out.

Like i said, i'm very amature. I've had a DSLR for only about three months now and have zero experience shooting something like a wedding.

I'm now uploading the other 500 or so photos in a zip file to the directory where these photographs are located. None were post-processed and only shrunk down to make the files downloadable. (its a 300mb file when it is finally on my server)

http://www.kalionzes.com/photography...g%20Favorites/
Old Sep 28, 2005, 10:19 AM   #26

Are you sure the focus is the problem. I downloaded several of the shots to review. What I noted was some softness in the pics at full resolution. Reason I say this is that I couldn't find the exact focal point (looking for what's in focus verus what seems out of focus.)

So the question for the group is "how do you tell the difference?" Softness in the sensor vs missing the focal point in the shot. With people, I use center focus the majority of the time and focus on the eyes, lock the focus, then frame the shot.

All that said, good poses and good shots. Thanks for the samples.
Ctrack is offline   Reply With Quote