Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 10, 2005, 4:36 PM   #11

black, like the look... no grip... extra batt.

-zacker-
zacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 12:59 PM   #12

Silver...I liked it better than the black. No grip. I have extra batteries.
SJenkinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 1:36 PM   #13

You guys with no grip but extra batteries...you really should try out the battery grip for the XT. It costs maybe $150 or less, and it adds such an improved grip with finally a place for your 4th and 5th fingers. The vertical controls are nice also. And the balance with a longer lens like the 100-400 on a tripod is much better, too.

But then, maybe that's not the best way to spend $150 of your photo budget. It was for me.

Bill

wburychka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 12:50 AM   #14

I was offered a silver XT for a lower price and I refused. The blacks were out of stock and I said I would wait. When it came, it was just the body. I said I would take it. Black is beauty, professional and taste matters? That is what satisfaction is all about.:-)

I don't use a grip and have never worried about it, maybe it makes a difference, I don't know but the cost is prohibitive.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 8:08 PM   #15

My XT is SILVER, it matches my bike, riding jacket, helmetand what little hair I have left.

Winginhunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:11 PM   #16

mine's black (had enough silver with my P&S), no grip... all my fingers can wrap around the body's grip so I don't really care about that accessory.

people also say the extra weight might be a plus to balance with heavier lenses... but I'd just place most of the lens weight onto my left hand. Will it make me tired? maybe.. but i know adding weight to a system will also make me tired.
BoYFrMSpC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 9:58 AM   #17

Thanks for all the replys! I love my XT! As you can see, I have a black one with the grip and I have a total ofsix genuine NB-2LH Canonbatteries (use to have ebay generics). The lens is the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 that is oh so dreamy.
Attached Images

SlapNTickleJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:47 AM   #18

BoYFrMSpC wrote:
Quote:
people also say the extra weight might be a plus to balance with heavier lenses... but I'd just place most of the lens weight onto my left hand. Will it make me tired? maybe.. but i know adding weight to a system will also make me tired.
In most cases, as you probably know, you get superior results with long lenses on a tripod. The RXT with a Canon 100-400LIS orSigma 50-500on a tripod using the tripod collar, is too light to adequately counterbalance the portion of the lens in front of the collar. Yes, you can lock down the head, but it works better if the lens/camera are balanced to begin with. Even on an adjustable foot like on gimbal heads, the little RXT is no match for the weight of a big lens.

I regard the BG as an accessory, just like any other--not as a camera modification. Since the regular camera battery access door stores in the BG, it is perfectly feasible to remove or install the BG, includingin the field, in a matter of 30 seconds or less.

Yes, if you usethe RXT and telephotohandheld, like for flying birds or motorsports, the extra weight is not a benefit. In that role,one wantsto get the camera/lensto bea bit lighter, ifpossible. In fact, for something like motorcycle racing, I will remove the BG from the camera and also the tripod collar from the lens and use the 100-400 with Mode 2 IS for panning. Other times, though, like walking around with the 17-85IS, the BG gives me a superior handhold and longer battery life.

wburychka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 9:26 AM   #19

Black.
mrcoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 5:43 PM   #20

Mine's silver,, wanted black,, all they had in stock,, but really I don't care, they could have wallpapered it,, as long as it's a Canon... *S*:lol:
caravan32 is offline   Reply With Quote