Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:23 AM   #31

NHL wrote:
Quote:
Excellent!
Altough the shots weren't quite brilliant of course. I need lots of exercise! But it's a start.

NHL wrote:
Quote:
If your test is positive it'll confirm mine as well that the AF will not lock at F/4 (at least with this chart) in the single AF mode at various distances and zoom settings -
But this is still strange. Do you have problems locking the AF in F4 (with the Canon lens I suppose)? No problems with the Sigma at F4 (thank god!).
Timberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:31 AM   #32
NHL

The Canon is really f/5.6 at 300mm (at least that's what the camera reported). It will lock in single-shot AF if the target is moved closer to a sweet-spot... otherwise the green AF confirmation will just flash on/off .

My point here is the shutter can't be released when the AF do not lock in single-shot AF, but when you switch to AI servo the camera will take the shots anyway regardless of focus - even if you move the target pass the lens minimum distance and the camera can't focus on it anymore
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:07 PM   #33

A side question to NHL - What size paper you print that chart? I need something like it to test my 400prime. Are there specific charts for different lens?
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:07 PM   #34

A side question to NHL - What size paper you print that chart? I need something like it to test my 400prime. Are there specific charts for different lens?
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:07 PM   #35