Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 28, 2005, 4:11 PM   #1

Here's the catch, it's got to be able to accomodate the XT with both the battery grip and the 70-200 F4 L attached to it.
Don't care about external flashes nor compartments for other lense .
Also backpacks are out of the question...it's gotta be really compact & just as important, it's got to protect my gear good.
Anyone have any suggestions? the Lowepro bags seem pretty nice.
Thanks in advance,

Amiroquai
Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2005, 5:26 PM   #2

I looked for something similar for my 20D and Sigma 70-200mm. I found the Lowepro Toploader TLZ2 via ebay. I bought it, and it fits perfectly. I don't have the grip though on my 20D, so not sure what size difference there would be...I'd imagine, not by much compared to your XT w/ grip. If I'm not carrying my 70-200mm, I can fit my 20D, Sigma flash, and my Sigma 18-50mm EX DC (or my former Tamron 28-75mm DR Xi) lens in the bag.

I believe this model has been replaced by another "Toploader" model. Checkout Lowepro's web site.
AlpineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 7:33 PM   #3

It may not be the smallest case, but it's waterproof and nearly indestructable.

The pelican 1200:

http://www.underwatertactics.com/pelican_1200.html

-- Terry

terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:37 PM   #4

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
It may not be the smallest case, but it's waterproof and nearly indestructable.

The pelican 1200:

http://www.underwatertactics.com/pelican_1200.html

-- Terry

Not practical at all for my needs, I'm looking for a bag not a case...thanks for trying though.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:44 PM   #5

AlpineMan wrote:
Quote:
I looked for something similar for my 20D and Sigma 70-200mm. I found the Lowepro Toploader TLZ2 via ebay. I bought it, and it fits perfectly. I don't have the grip though on my 20D, so not sure what size difference there would be...I'd imagine, not by much compared to your XT w/ grip. If I'm not carrying my 70-200mm, I can fit my 20D, Sigma flash, and my Sigma 18-50mm EX DC (or my former Tamron 28-75mm DR Xi) lens in the bag.

I believe this model has been replaced by another "Toploader" model. Checkout Lowepro's web site.
You're not the first to recommend the Zoom 2 to me.
I've actually had it once just for a couple of weeks , used it with a panasonic point-and-shooter.
But then I switched to the Nova 2 AW...aside from the AW cover, I found it to provide a much better protection for my equipment and it also had the dust cover flap along the zipper which I found to be really effective.
The Zooms don't have that flap and are slightly less sturdy than the Nova bags, but overall I like their design and functionality better.
Perhaps there are better constructed topload bags out there made by other manufactures?
I'll keep looking.

Thanks!

Amir

Old Oct 29, 2005, 8:11 AM   #6

you might also check out Tamrac's velocity 7, it is not too big. I can get my 20d with my sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 in there. I also have the velocity 9 when I need to have more gear with me.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote