Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:29 AM   #21

Thanx John, but that's not it, (tab sez "Correct"). That allows you to make changes, but I can't figure out how to save the changes.
Ron
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 11:03 AM   #22
Super Moderator

Craig- i have never used DXO? i have heard good things about it though... you have any experience with it?

Ron-
any changes you make to the RAW file in Rawshooter will be saved as a preference file and will be applied to the raw image when you look at it again.. when you are ready to edit the photo.. go to batch convert and select add.. it will save it as a .Tif file in a folder called converted in the same directory you are in unless you change the preferences.. it should automatically load this tif image in photoshop as well.. if not you will need to set photoshop as your default editor.. if you need any more specific advice shoot me a PM..

-dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 3:50 PM   #23

dustin,
Thanx - that's it. So it seems that if you were editing a group of photos, you could convert them all at once - nice touch.
Ron
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 4:48 PM   #24

On the tab marked batch convert, just click Add.....but first you should use the Choose button besides "Automatically open with" and select whatever program you wish to use for further processing (I use Elements 3 but you can select anything on the computer). The button to the right of Add allows you to start converting immediately or build up a batch to convert later. Also go to Bit Depth and select 16 bit if the program you will be using supports that option (Elements 3 does, 2 does not). Consider all the other options on that page and set them as you wish to, for example, retain EXIF data. I like RawShooter a lot(both types - Premium is worth the upgrade).

dougsmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 3:02 AM   #25
Super Moderator

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:
Craig- i have never used DXO? i have heard good things about it though... you have any experience with it?
Yeah, it's great. They profile the camera and lenses and correct for all sorts of "flaws". Good RAW converter too, better than PS I reckon.

I used to use the PS RAW converter, and tried a couple of the other free ones, but using DXO has reduced my time per photograph spent in PS by about 10-15 mins per photo to maybe 5 mins on average instead of 20.

They have a free trial version download which lasts 30 days.

Highly recommended.
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote