Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 11, 2005, 8:57 AM   #1

ok, got my camera yesterday and played around with it. But I am confused on how to change the AF points.....on Steve's review it says the button that looks like crosshairs (right behind top lcd screen) and in the manual it talks about the button with 8 way switch above the dial on the back

on dpreview it shows a picture of it and says: New multi-controller 'joystick'
Just above the quick control dial is a new eight way multi-controller which also has a 'click' press. This control is used for AF point selection

so ok I see these but I guess I'm missing something in regards to how to make them work.....am I pressing down the shutter button then selecting, selecting first.....and how do you keep it at just one af point?

help would be appreciated. Otherwise, everything else is just great. will post pictures eventually!
dragonluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2005, 11:27 AM   #2

Start by first pressing the little grid looking one (I think it doubles as zoom out in review mode). All the AF points should turn red. You can then use the joystick or the main dial to select which ones you want the camera to use (selected ones will be red). Then just shoot normal and the ones you selected should be the only AF point(s).

It's also on page 67 of the manual (http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...;modelid=10464)
BrianSkibinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:30 PM   #3

Thank you Brian........somehow when reading through it last night I completed missed that page, duh!!!
Old Nov 11, 2005, 9:33 PM   #4

Not a problem. I'm still learning about it as well! Be sure to post some pics for us in the other forums!
BrianSkibinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 9:53 PM   #5

already done.......pictures I mean.......one under family members and the other two under close-ups

I pulled out that manual :ideaI just hate reading them) and got the AF point selector to work this time, the way I wanted it to.....

thanks again.