Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 24, 2005, 3:14 PM   #1

Does anyone have any experience with these batteries? They are a little cheaper, and have more power than the Canon batteries.

"Power 2000 batteries"

Thanx,
Ron

surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2005, 3:31 PM   #2

I haven't used theirs, but I have used after-market batteries and I'm happy with mine.

I know others who have had trouble, so part of their cheapness is lower quality-control.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 5:51 PM   #3

surfnron wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone have any experience with these batteries? They are a little cheaper, and have more power than the Canon batteries.

"Power 2000 batteries"

Thanx,
Ron
Sterlingtek.com for ALL your battery needs. No joke. If you're gonna get aftermarket batteries this is the place. I know many professionals who buy them from here as well as us amatuers and semi-pro's.

-tlmiller10
Tim Miller Photography
http://tmillerphoto.com
tlmiller10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:51 PM   #4

The problem is where to buy from, the question is which brand.

Personally I buy from batterybarn.com or bhphoto.com. I found that B&H has more brands.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 6:57 AM   #5

I have been using a Power2000 in rotation with a Canon OEM for two years with no issues. Without record keeping it seems to be the equal of the Canon unit. From what I have read LI batteries are good for three years or 300 charge cycles so the real concern is to get fresh inventory when you purchase a battery. I would not want to send my money on a battery that has been on a shelf for two years prior to my purchase. Buying from a place with a high turnover seems to be the safest policy.

Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 3:06 PM   #6

I used power2000 brand for the last 5years and it's the best on the market last month I bought the power2000 2700mah AA with a 4hour charger for less then $20 and it's also duel voltage 110/240v

http://www.snapitdigital.com/itemdetail.asp?mod=POXP333

newyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:07 PM   #7

I've tried to use two different replacement Power2000 Fuji NP-150 batteries but have no luck with either, whether charged in my Fuji BC-150 or the accompanying ac/dc charger with the Power2000 replacements. The first power200 and it's charger were both dead even though they tested at 7.4v when charged in my Fuji BC-150, but nothing in its own charger. That one was replaced with another whole kit with the new Power2000 battery showing some promise until I tried to use it in my Fuji FinePix S5 Pro where it displayed with only one blinking battery charged indicator and let me fire off only one frame. I have discharged and recharged each battery several times with no luck at getting anything more than a single shot before all goes dead. I finally bought a real Fuji NP-150 while on a shoot in Moosenno, Ontario (I'm from Florida) and after a single charge it performed as it should.

Two bad Power2000 batts in a row makes me stear away from that brand and stick with the more expensive Fuji NP-150. I've found my Sony HD Z1U video cameras perform much better and longer with their Sony batts than the two long-life Power2000's I bought for them.

Nevermore with anything by Power2000; the aggrevation and time wasted is not worth the discount.
Orin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2008, 1:58 AM   #8

I've used them in my Rebel / XT / XTi since 2003 with very good results. My subjective impression is that these batteries are 90-100% as good as the original Canon batteries, at 25% of the cost.

Prices and service from BatteryBarn are outstanding. (About $12.45 for an NB-2LH or BP-511 replacement, and free shipping possible with orders of several batteries.) Normal USPS shipping is very fast.

I once had a bad battery (NB-2LH replacement) and BatteryBarn immediately replaced it with a new one for free. Even more impressively, he sent me a new battery in reply to my e-mail, and trusted me to return the defective battery in the postage-paid mailer he included with the new battery! Now THAT is First-Class service!!

tomc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:42 AM   #9

Default AAA batteries DOA

I recently purchased a battery charger that came with two Power2000 AAA batteries. Put them in the charger and nothing happened. Put them in another charger and nothing. Put them in a remote to see if maybe they were already charged, nothing. I contacted the seller and he sent me two more batteries and same scenario. I do not think I will buy Power2000 AAA batteries, ever.
tomad51 is offline   Reply With Quote