Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:15 PM   #1

I have been doing a ton of research to find the best prices on the Canon Digital Rebel XT. The best price is at foto connection for $644 with Free Shipping. But they don't have the best reviews. Has anyone here had any dealings with them and what were they?

Also at buydig.com the XT is $683 with Free shipping. They have pretty good reviews. But I would like to hear from anyone here who may have dealt with them.

And as always B&H price is $727.25 with shipping. And we know they have great reviews. No concern buying from this company.

I am really on a tight budget. So if I can save some money that would be great. But I don't want to get scammed either.

Thanks in advance,

Charity

charitynr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:40 PM   #2

For a difference of $40 I would stick with B&H, no question.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 1:18 AM   #3

charitynr wrote:
Quote:
I have been doing a ton of research to find the best prices on the Canon Digital Rebel XT. The best price is at foto connection for $644 with Free Shipping. But they don't have the best reviews. Has anyone here had any dealings with them and what were they?

Also at buydig.com the XT is $683 with Free shipping. They have pretty good reviews. But I would like to hear from anyone here who may have dealt with them.

And as always B&H price is $727.25 with shipping. And we know they have great reviews. No concern buying from this company.

I am really on a tight budget. So if I can save some money that would be great. But I don't want to get scammed either.

Thanks in advance,

Charity

I've bought from Buydig.com (Beachcamera.com is the same company) and I can recommend them highly as well as BHphoto.

I'd go with the BUYDIG.com camera, as that's where I got my college's XT from. I bought the Silver XT, and it was out of stock , and without asking they sent me the Black version (more expensive). Excellent service!

-tlmiller10
Tim Miller Photography
http://tmillerphoto.com
tlmiller10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 9:50 AM   #4

I have bought cameras and equipment from B+H PHoto for almost 25 years and have never had a problem. I have also bought printers aand other items from BuyDig.com and can say the same. If it was mine to choose I would buy a camera from B+H over buydig but that is just personal preference both a good to deal with.
k1par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 2:04 PM   #5

I just bought my XT and a Canon 100mm f2 lens from BuyDig.com I did alot of research as well and found that they had the best choice of price/reviews

I called in the order on aWednesday Nov 16and selected the free shipping option. The sales rep told me 10 - 14 business days. Within 2 hours I had an email with a shipping confirmation and tracking number , showing it was being shipped Fed Ex

On Nov 19, Saturday morning (yes, Saturday) Fed Ex delivered my camera

I was shocked and very pleased.

Thats my experience with Buf=yDig. Hope it helps.

davidreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 2:05 PM   #6

I just bought my XT and a Canon 100mm f2 lens from BuyDig.com I did alot of research as well and found that they had the best choice of price/reviews

I called in the order on aWednesday Nov 16and selected the free shipping option. The sales rep told me 10 - 14 business days. Within 2 hours I had an email with a shipping confirmation and tracking number , showing it was being shipped Fed Ex

On Nov 19, Saturday morning (yes, Saturday) Fed Ex delivered my camera

I was shocked and very pleased.

Thats my experience with BuyDig. Hope it helps.

davidreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 5:43 PM   #7

I have made camera purchases from BH and Buydig. Both provided excellent results. I would not hesitate to recommend either company.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:10 AM   #8

Thank you all who responded to my question. I am surprised however that no one had anything to say about Foto Connection. Not even anything bad or indifferent. Guess I will stay clear of them

Thanks again. Everyone. This group is really helping me to get started in the photography field. Thanks so much.
charitynr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:40 PM   #9

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
For a difference of $40 I would stick with B&H, no question.

I wholeheartedly agree with Terry. BH Photo Video would be my ONLY choice.

Brian
Brian Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 1:30 PM   #10

B and H is the only place I shop for online camera equipment. i just got the xt for 714.00 after rebate.
tritan is offline   Reply With Quote