Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 16, 2005, 1:40 PM   #1

I bought the Canon S2 about 2 month ago and I really like the camera. There is only one thing that seem to irritate about the S2. On some of my shoot I can see a purple lighting on the outline of an object. I really like the recording mode in the S2 and was wondering how the XT recording like. So what you guys think.
trunksu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2005, 3:01 PM   #2

trunksu wrote:
Quote:
I bought the Canon S2 about 2 month ago and I really like the camera. There is only one thing that seem to irritate about the S2. On some of my shoot I can see a purple lighting on the outline of an object. I really like the recording mode in the S2 and was wondering how the XT recording like. So what you guys think.
There is no current Digital SLR (Single Lens Reflex) camera on the market that has still and movie capabilities.

The Canon S2 IS is one of the better Ultra zoom for the movie aspect alone. Photo quality is good for a smaller sensor (Megapixal don't matter, it's how BIG the chip inside that is manufactured that affects noise more).

Long story short. You have one of the best Consumer level ultra zoom cameras with Image Stabilization and a great movie mode.

The Canon Rebel XT and higher models all provide a better sensor to capture better photographic quality shots. With the right lens, and a base cost of 2,000 US dollars. Anyone can pruchase enough high quality equipment to effectively produce good results in almost any situation. All be it, you must take time and patience to learn the new equipment.

If you have knowledge of 35mm film cameras, that would help with the Rebel XT. As well, it helps with the manual modes of the Canon S2.

I hope I helped out. Let us know if theres any other questions.

-tlmiller10
Tim Miller Photography
http://tmillerphoto.com
tlmiller10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 4:12 PM   #3

Well written and informative post. I'll take some time and learn more about the manual mode in s2. thanks.
trunksu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 4:19 PM   #4

trunksu wrote:
Quote:
I went from the Canon S1 to the RebelXT, but still use both cameras. As noted above, the dSLR doesn't have video capability, so when I want to capture some video, out comes the S1. Also, on hikes, although the RebelXT is relatively compact, I still find it easier to carry the S1. Both great cameras and am satisfied with both.

:-)
GeorgeNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 6:06 PM   #5

The best video will result from using a video camera, unfortunately.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote