Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 20, 2005, 8:50 PM   #1

i i have a rebel xt and a tamron 28-75 lens. the pictures seem good but i read how people get bad copies.how do i know if my camera and lens are as good as they should be?
camerageak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2005, 10:37 PM   #2

Email me a photo and I can tell you.

I have a Tamron 28-75 myself.

-- Terry

terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 10:33 AM   #3

camerageak wrote:
Quote:
i i have a rebel xt and a tamron 28-75 lens. the pictures seem good but i read how people get bad copies.how do i know if my camera and lens are as good as they should be?
If you go down this route you are bound for a fall. Why not look at your pictures, decide if you like what you see, and get on withusing the camera. I can tell you that I have a sigma 18-125mm lens, a Sigma 105mm EX macro, and a Canon 70-200mm f4 L lens. The Sigma is regarded as a cheap all round lens if you cannot afford anything better, the Sigma macro is very highly regarded, and the canon L zoom is probably the best there is in that zoom/aperture range. Why do I mention this? Because they all produce images that I am happy with. I dont really care if they are as good as they should be. I also hold the view that for looking at a pc monitor with the image filling the screen, or printing at A4 size which is the biggest my printer supports, a whole range of cheapo lenses including the infamous Canon kit Lens, produce images which suit my purposes, and unless you are a pro, and from your posting you clearly are not, they should suit you too.

Don't get carried away with lens comparisons. There is always something better costing more money. And if you have the best today, it will not be the best tomorrow.

Enjoy what you have and stay happy.

ken from the uk
ken from the uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:26 PM   #4

thanks for your response.i like the pictures and thats all that should matter.
camerageak is offline   Reply With Quote