Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 8, 2006, 7:27 PM   #1

I currently own a Canon Rebel 300D, and love it. I must admit that I'm an early adopter... I've read the reviews of the XT and am VERY impressed.

What's the thinking out there?Is itworth the upgrade or not?

Thanks!

EagleOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2006, 7:44 PM   #2
Super Moderator

if you desire faster shooting performance, more features including mirror lock up and such, then yes it is worth the upgrade..go try one out, take a compact flash card with you, take some test shots, see what you think.. that should give you a good idea whether its worth it for you or not..

cheers,
dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 7:58 PM   #3

Dustin:

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ted

Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:20 PM   #4

I just got my last week. I was using a Nikon Coolpix 8800. This camera is much faster. Not only in shutter speed, but copying to CF card. Coolpix can't compete with this one. My shots have all been in focus, whether it be a close up or not. I am only using the lens I got with the kit and waiting for my first Sigma 28-200mm to arrive on Tuesday. Not sure what my next lens will be, but it will have to compliment the Sigma lens. I will let you know in a few days. Good luck with yours.

photo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:31 PM   #5

Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2006, 9:41 PM   #6

The XT also offers a black and white mode, with lots of filters and toning effects, so you can get some nice monochrome looks and even one that looks pretty close to infrared. Check out the February edition of Popular Photography, it has a pretty nice artical "10 things you should know about the XT. Sounds like a pretty nice camera, I went to the 20D myself, but the XT is still pretty sweet.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote