Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 27, 2006, 5:20 PM   #1

Hi,

Just saw that 20D is sold for 1154 in buy dig and beach camera, both have very good reseller ratings..

I would say 1154 a relaly good price considering the updated one(if released) would be around 1599-1699. The D200 Goes for 1699 so i bet the new one is between 1599 and 1699.

So if anybody have any plans of buying a really good and a really sturdy camera except u want to get pro i would say use this opurtunity..

Just my thought..

I seriously dont understand why wouild some one compare the 20D with the D200 and say 20D needs some improvement to challenge.

The few drawbacks compared to D200 is not worth the 500 extra dollors according to me...

I just started using teh 20D and its more than what u can ask for in a 1150 camera.

Just some info..if any body got offended , i apologise.

SVB

20D is a great camera.!!!! Amen!!!
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2006, 5:47 PM   #2

The 20D is still $1600 most places, Its cool you got a great deal. It would be nice to see that price drop for as long as its been out. I bought the Nikon D50 instead of the 20D just because of the big price differnce and liked the menu better,(had extra $$ for other lenses and stuff) I think the D200 is Nikons answer to the Canon 20D. There fairly evenly matched ( Nikon has the edge but it is a new camera) I wonder what Canon will put out next for the upgrade to the 20D to step it up to the new Nikon. its a constant battle.. We end up winning in the end so its no big deal. I think Nikon and Canon are like Chevy and Ford. Both good, Just depends on what you like.
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 7:18 PM   #3

Hey DocX

http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?ref=pricegrabber&sku=CNEOS20D

http://www2.buydig.com/shop/product....p;sku=CNEOS20D

both these places have good reseller ratings.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2065.html(Buy Dig)

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1936.html(Beach Cameras)

So its a running deal.

In B and H the rate is 1199.99 with 17 dollor shipping charge...

B & H has a very good reputation.

So the 1699 looks a bit too much a price to me for a 20D now.

SVB
Old Jan 27, 2006, 7:45 PM   #4

I think B&H is selling the 20D with the Canon 17-85 IS lens for about $1250 which is a rock on deal.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 3:08 AM   #5

hey terry

its just the camera for 1250. with the 17-85 its http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

how i wish ur statement was true for a week atleast....but lets hope tho.

vivek
waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 4:56 PM   #6

Just my two cents. I purchased a 20d body from profeel.com for $1116 (after rebate)shipped to Mn. The purchase date was 1-15-06. The camera arrived within 3 days, and profeel had good ratings when I looked them up. gary
tuthill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 10:26 AM   #7

Be careful with buydig / Beach Camera (I believe they are the same outfit).

I recently purchased a camera from them that was presented as a "USA warranty" item, but when it arrived, it turned out to be gray market.

------------------- Bill
BillP2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 5:05 AM   #8

Ah Bill, thanks for dropping a fly in my ointment! I checked the warranty cards for the 20d and 70-200/f4 I got from profeel and they were in fact international/grey market. This despite being touted as 'USA Warrenty only'. In addition, I looked at the contents list on their website for the Canon lens and it shows the lens hood as part of the package. I noticed when I opened the box there was no hood in it andthought this was odd for an L lens. Being somewhat of a bubblehead I didn't look into it any further. I'm certain profeel would have been happy to "sell" me a lens hood to go with my new lens!

Since I don't want to wait for a new body to arrive (nearing the end of swim season) I'll keep the camera and sent the lens back. I think that, for myself, saving a buck or two will no longer outweigh the benefits of going through B&H.

Some day I'll learn something NOT the hard way.

gary

Old Jan 31, 2006, 1:50 PM   #9

How to identify an item whether its USA warranty or grey market.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 3:45 PM   #10

On my warranty card, it noted at the top that it was "Canon International Warranty". While there are certainly many more, B&H seems good about clearly identifying 'grey market' equipment.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"gary