Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 20, 2003, 11:03 AM   #1

Default Canon EOS D60

Does anyone have a D60 that can answer some basic questions for me. I have a digital camera now however I would like to upgrade to take still photos of our products. These photos have to be at least 4 MP or more to be reproduced in our catalogue and in advertising magazines. Is this camera to much for what I need. What is the memory like on this camera. Is it easy to use.
Thanks for your input. :roll:
laldybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2003, 11:14 AM   #2

I haven't used this camera, so I won't comment on its ease of use. I have been researching it and its replacement the 10D.

It is probably overkill. What is the physical size of the products?

If you don't have lenses already, you'll have to buy them. The D60 uses lenses like the older film based SLR cameras do. That will raise your cost.

I believe it uses Compact Flash for its storage.

Currently the D60 is out of production. The ebay price is a bit high, and I expect it to drop over the next month or two as supply of its replacement improves.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2003, 12:10 AM   #3

I have the D60 and agree with eric s that it is probably overkill for you application. However, if you can get your company to pay for it, AND you can use it personally when you're not taking catalogue photo's, GO FOR IT. It's a great camera - it's price will likely drop with the 10D out - in fact I saw one for sale yesterday (in Singapore) for S$1800 (about US$1k).
R_Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2003, 7:46 PM   #4

Hi R_Patterson,

You mean Canon 10D is selling in Singapore already ?
Where did you see it (which shop) ?

So the lens are not included for S$1800 ?

Cheers, WL :roll:
wahlao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2003, 8:07 PM   #5

No. I was referring to the price of the D60 - implying that its price will drop as the 10D becomes available. Sorry for the confusion.
Regards,
Roy
R_Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2003, 11:38 PM   #6

D60's are hard to come by in Canada right now, and I'm not surprised, it's a great camera. However with the EOS 10D out in store's right now @ 2499.99 CND. it's hard to beat that. The price of the Nikon D100 dropped over $500 over night ,due to the low price of the 10D. The price of the D60 has followed suit, making it harder to find.
Troy From Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2003, 11:57 PM   #7

By the way, in less you already have a couple canon AF lens already, remember that all lenses have a 1.5X effect, this may add on a large sum of money to the cost of the the SLR body, don't forget memory card's. Take a look @ the Nikon coolpix 5700, 5.0 mp, 8X optical zoom(280MM) and a macro zoom that's amazing. It has a hot shoe for flashes, flip out LCD, JPEG, TIFF, RAW, files. or then again.......there's the G3 for all us Canon fans.
Troy From Canada is offline   Reply With Quote