Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 3, 2006, 1:38 PM   #21

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/eos20...mware-e.html┬* I think this is the latest 20d firmware (anyone know different?). You have to download it and place it on your cf card. Then you put the card in your camera and update from there. Follow the instructions on the link carefully. You can check what version of firmware you have by selecting menu>firmware on your 20d (it's near the bottom of the yellow section).Also check out:┬*http://software.canon-europe.com/Cam...S_20D10131.asp select mac os and some image viewers become available . One of these may help. Good luck[img]/forums/images/emoticons/laughing-smiley-002.gif[/img]
jonathan1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 1:41 PM   #22

No worries,I didn't really help much Hopefully someone else will be along with more productive advice.┬*It┬*is┬*really┬*weird┬*though.┬*iphoto┬*s hould┬*spot┬*your┬*camera??[img]/forums/images/emoticons/cry.gif[/img]smp wrote:
Quote:
no luck with keyboard and image capture i'm sad to say - looks like I will have to wait for my card reader and keep everything crossed that it will do the trick.....esp as I took some rather good pics this afternoon which I am dying to get a proper look at.Thanks for all your help today.S
jonathan1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:50 PM   #23

Did you try connecting to another USB port or directly to the computer? Some ports are flakey...
ktnhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 9:19 PM   #24

Keyboard USB probably won't work, as it's not a powered/high-speed USB port (I'm assuming you are talking about plugging straight into the keyboard).

What kind of Mac do you have? I've not had a problem with the Canons I've hooked up, although normally I prefer to use a card reader. I ask because I know there are older Macs without USB 2.0 or that only have one USB 2.0 port, etc., that can take Mac OS X 10.4

Also check iPhoto to make sure that you haven't imported them and didn't know it. I stay away from iPhoto for direct/new images, but nonetheless it can pull images over.
auscam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:44 PM   #25

try using "image Capture" But first you need to set the camera to PTP mode. To do this go to the menu (tools section), and set "communication" to PTP.
gajl is offline   Reply With Quote