Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 3, 2006, 4:43 AM   #1
smp

Yesterday my Canon EOS 20D was delivered.This morning I am trying to get a couple of shots onto the Mac to see how they look and it keeps telling me the camera is not connected when it is.My mac is OS X Version 10.4.4Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?Thanks
smp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2006, 7:12 AM   #2

Have you downloaded the Canon software to your mac?

Sounds like a driver problem.

terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 7:17 AM   #3
smp

yes I have....followed manual faithfully.I wonder if the fact that I have until now used a canon Ixus 400 is confusing the thing?A card reader is now on order - will that solve the problem?
Old Mar 3, 2006, 8:30 AM   #4

I had a 20d before my 5d and never ever used a cable to link to my mac so can't give you any advice there other than to try using iphoto to get your pics off. It should go straight to a camera download screen when you turn the camera on. I used a card reader which saves the camera battery and generally makes life easier.
jonathan1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:32 AM   #5

I had thisexact problem yesterday with a windows PC (usually use mac but right now its too slow for my 20d files...intel iMac on my wishlist:G) and when I updated the version of Zoombrowser (imagebrowser for macs) and restarted, it worked fine.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...;modelid=10464

It will time out if I use the actual link. Click drivers/software and then Imagebrowser for OSX

hope this helps...

urbanaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:46 AM   #6
smp

Thank you so much Jonathan - I have just ordered a card reader and hope it will arrive tomorrow if¬* Urbanaries' (thank you also!)¬* suggestion doesn't work for me.¬* I will be sure to let you know and to post one of the pics I have been taking this afternoon.(how do you post with spaces between lines?)
Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:04 AM   #7

No worries smp... hope it goes well and I lookforward to seeing your pics As for leaving spaces between lines, I have never managed that. Maybe it's a Mac thing[img]/forums/images/emoticons/nuts.gif[/img]
Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:18 AM   #8

good luck and have fun with your 20D! I sure am with mine!

urbanaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:38 PM   #9
smp

sadly no luck .¬* I downloaded from the link - but there is no sign of my Mac saying hi to my 20D...it was also suggested on the Canon forum that I just go to Image capture - to no avail -¬* what am I doing wrong!
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:55 PM   #10

hmm,let me have a play around with my 5d and cable and see how I go..... Could you give a few more details of what exactly you are doing/seeing. Are you shooting in RAW, do you see anything on your desktop when you plug the usb in, where are you plugging the usb in, what mac are you using... stuff like that.Jonathan