Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:31 PM   #1

I ordered a Canon Rebel XT body today from B&H Photo. I went with the black body for a couple of reason. First I will be able to tell which of my two camera bodies is which at a glance. The 300D is silver and the 350D will be black. Secondly and more importantly I like the looks of an all black camera:lol:. It should be here by middle of the week or so and am looking forward to giving it a good workout.
k1par is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2006, 9:58 PM   #2

I'm getting ready to buy an XT also. I now own an Elan7e with the 28x135 USM/IS & the 75x300 USM/IS so the Xt body seemed like a natural fit. I will probably be buying from B&H also since I've dealt with them in the past & had no problems.
D Humbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:01 PM   #3

Hi K1par! I hope you will have fun with your Canon 350D / Rebel XT very soon! I think it's clear the XT / 350D is quite superior to the 300D, so that's good you ordered that.

D Humbarger, glad to hear you also are getting ready to by an XT. I have the 28-135mm USM / IS lens also (matched to my XT). And I can tell you I'm very happy with this combination, it's my "walkaround" lens, and which I use for 90% of my photos.

Just a bit of advice, maybe it's worth for you to buy it with the "kit" (18-55mm) lens as this lens gives you the possibility of a bit of extra wide reach (if / when you need it) and also the kit lens can make a super light "travel package" on the XT if you don't want to take the 28-135mm (e.g. hiking). The kit price is usually only a bit more expensive(usually $50 - $100 more) than the "XT body only" option. So in my opinion it's very worth it!

All the best to both of you!! Happy shooting.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 9:37 AM   #4

pj1974 thats good advice& I do plan to buy the kit. I also looking for a good printer. Maybe the Canon ip8500.

consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=117& amp;modelid=10440
D Humbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 6:33 PM   #5

I ordered and received my xt a while ago but last friday I picked up a battery grip,

man what a difference,
before I was thinking oh a battery grip will only add weight and make this thing heavier etc etc.

but it feels so much better now and it's much better for vertical shooting.

I just bought the hand strap online and waiting for it to arrive

just something to consider or try out =)
rwong2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:15 AM   #6

I was wondering on the rebel XT the lens that comes with it, it won't do you any good for zoom will it? and if you had to buy another lens for it the cost will be getting up there too right?
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:03 AM   #7

Right. The kit lens is wide angle. To have a good zoom lens ou will ne (at a guess) another $300+. By the way it arrvied on the 15th and I have taken about 1000 pics with it so far and am very happy with the results. I really like the 3fps burst.
k1par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:35 PM   #8

300 dollars is not bad for a lens, how much can you zoom in with that other lens.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:14 PM   #9

If you're referring to the kit lense, it is 18-55mm.
Justin Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:29 PM   #10

No the other one for 300 dollars.