Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 7, 2002, 12:43 AM   #1

Default D60 depth of field preview button not as good as EOS 3 or 1

Just got my D60 2 days ago. Great camera! Almost everything I need BUT the depth of field preview button is recessed and difficult to push (unlike my EOS 3, where it clearly is above the surface of the camera body.

That issue aside, it's good enough for me to dump my EOS 3 and go totally digital!

Shooting in raw mode and scaling up with Genuine Fractals makes really excellent 11x17 prints!
rkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2002, 8:37 PM   #2

Glad you got your D60. As a man wating for delivery of his D60 (6 weeks since order), I must say that we are going to be just fine in our choice, if that's the worst criticism! Enjoy....
thancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2002, 2:04 AM   #3
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by rkatz
Just got my D60 2 days ago. Great camera! Almost everything I need BUT the depth of field preview button is recessed and difficult to push (unlike my EOS 3, where it clearly is above the surface of the camera body.

That issue aside, it's good enough for me to dump my EOS 3 and go totally digital!

Shooting in raw mode and scaling up with Genuine Fractals makes really excellent 11x17 prints!
I've made photo-quality 13x19" prints from the D60's JPEGs with no fractal magic necessary. Fact is that I have taken them into several local camera stores and none of the pro shooters can tell them from film prints. Their first guess is that they came from a medium format film camera

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2002, 7:46 PM   #4

I agree that the Depth of Field button is almost impossible for me to find by feel, and with the tiny viewfinder it soesn't give me such a good idea of the DOF, anyway.

I also agree with Steve. I am a longtime fan of Genuine Fractals, but for full-frame D60 pix I have gone to 13x19 without feeling the need of GF.

Save GenFrac for when you crop a small segment out of a D60 frame, and want to make a large print out of it.

[Edited on 7-9-2002 by WalterK]
WalterK is offline   Reply With Quote