Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 21, 2006, 7:21 PM   #11
djb

Dust on the mirror won't show on the pictures as the mirror flips out of the way. Don't use a brush on the sensor unless it is made to be used for that purpose. As someone mentioned in a prior post, if the spot won't come off by using a blower then, you might need to use a wet method. I used the giotto rocket and it cleaned all seeable spots except one. Not bad.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 8:03 PM   #12

I got and used the Giotto Rocket blower and the specks are still there. Does anyone think it could be the lenses. Too bad i don't have another lens to try. Could the camera be defective or is it just stubborn dusts? What should i do next? Should I try a wet method? Besides Copperhill is there any other good ones to try? If I use a wet method would that void my warranty. Thanks
calitran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 8:06 PM   #13
djb

Would you post a picture, as Rey, mentioned so we can see them?? If there are only a couple of spots and they are tiny, it may be dead pixels. But, we would have to see to be sure.

dennis
Old Mar 23, 2006, 8:24 PM   #14
spy

I first noticed dust spots on my photos viewed on the computer. I wasn't sure why because I had never taken the lens off nor had any reason to. The camera was only3 weeks oldand I took the camera back to the Canon dealer wherein they cleaned the sensor for me and didn't charge me.

About 2 weeks later the dust spots re-appeared and I went into a different Canon dealer and got some good one on onesensor cleaning instruction. I bought the "Eclipse Optic Cleaning System" liquid and the the"Sensor Swab Digital Imaging Chip Cleaner" and did a wet wipe as per instruction. The dust spots dissapeared and now I onlyuse the blower once a week to gently blow thedust from the sensor.The wet wipe was only done once and the blower once a week.

Iuse the blower on the back of the lens, on the mirror and once a week on the sensor.

Unless you livein the middle of nowhere, I would suggest you go with your camera to any Canon Sales Dealer Center, grab a hold of aCanon Sales Rep and get that person to talk you through how to cleanthe sensor in a way that your not guessing and hoping you don't damage it. They won't clean it for you but will instruct you on how to do it the proper way. They alsowon't bite your head off and youdidn't have to buy the camera at their store to get this service.

This is the wet cleaner and swabs I used. www. photosol.com
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 9:09 PM   #15

Here is the pic
Old Mar 23, 2006, 9:12 PM   #16

Can you guys see the pic? I am doing as instructed and still the pic is not attached, how come. I click the browse button and double click on the pic and i clicked send. why isn't the picture showing up? I am computer literate and this is frustrating. thanks for the help
Old Mar 23, 2006, 9:13 PM   #17
spy

The pic isn't posted. Make sure it is atmost 200 kb in size. You may have to resize it.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 9:14 PM   #18
djb

this may be a dumb question but, is the picture a jpeg file?? if not, i don't think it will work. but, not sure about that.

dennis
Old Mar 23, 2006, 9:14 PM   #19
djb

ha ha ha!!! yup!! what spy said!!!

dennis
Old Mar 23, 2006, 9:30 PM   #20

Resize it? It is 2.49 megs right now and yes it is a jpeg. How can i resize it to under 200kb?