Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:58 AM   #21

It doesnt matter who you buy from, it will be the same, you will have to pay shipping to them and they will pay for the return post. You save in the first place by buying on line as well as having the convenience of not having to travel. For the most part it works in your favour with the money you save buying on line, its just the gamble you take to save money, and you do save money, you always come out in front in the long term. I have saved thousands buying on line, so I am not going to complain about a few dollars, you cant have everything to your advantage. Its just the luck of the draw, sometimes you win sometimes you lose but mostly you win otherwise no one would buy on line.
If they and every one else checked every item they sold to make sure there was nothing wrong, you would pay for it and it would cost you a lot more than 30 dollars.
Thaipo Negative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:36 AM   #22

Justin Hancock wrote:
Quote:
I will not buy from BuyDig.com again no matter how low their prices may be. The customer service/sales staff I spoke with seemed impatient and short in their responses to my questions (both email and telephone). One guy actually hung up after he answered what he thought was my last question without so much as a good day or bye; he just hung up.
I'd have done the same thing. In fact I braced myself as I opned the box and took the first shot to see if the sensor was clean. I was ready to shipt it right back if it had dust. I am hoping the ones with dust will get back to Canon, and the cost will be so much they will be forced to fix the problem at the source. I am very dissapointed with Canon in this respect. It is like buying a car and having to replace the oil and oil filter before you can drive it (or may be a better analogy would be replacing the engine?).

Bad manners on the phone is a big deal for me. If they cannot talk to you nicely I might have returned it for a full refund.

Anyhow thanks for sharing, I aint buying no dig.
YunusEmre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:33 AM   #23

Quote:
" Bad manners on the phone is a big deal for me. If they cannot talk to you nicely I might have returned it for a full refund."
I would have done that but they charge a 10 to 20% restocking fee for returned items so I would've been out even more.
Justin Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 3:44 PM   #24

I was contacted by a BuyDig.com representative who wanted to make sure that I was satisfied with my purchase (I posted a poor review on ResellerRatings.com). Push came to shove, some changes were made and I'm satisified with the service given. Just awaiting my new camera to get here, it'll probably be another week or so.
Old Apr 8, 2006, 2:57 AM   #25

I have a ton of bad experiences from all those N.Y rip off artists, and I'm from N.Y.I lived and learned. Example add,,,,"Get this same camera that everyone sells for $700 for only $300. Only if you buy $400 worth of accessories, if you don't buy the accessories we will tell you that the camera you just ordered is not in stock, even though we said it was. Plus we will throw in a two month arrival time". Trust me on this, B&H photo, Costco, Amazon, they are legit and fair in price. The rest are full of BS. The ones you find in the back of the magazines (except B&H) are the ones to stay away from.

Bill
picturethis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 6:29 PM   #26

How is Sigma4less.com :?

Is that agood and reputable online place to buy from? How is their return policy and customer service?
harana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 7:24 PM   #27

harana wrote:
Quote:
How is Sigma4less.com :?

Is that agood and reputable online place to buy from? How is their return policy and customer service?
It does not look bad here:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller9336.html

but there were only 15 reviews in 6 months:!: The low average looks really bad. I am not sure why. I'd be nervous to order from them.
YunusEmre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 8:39 PM   #28

Unless you're willing to gamble with your money, I'd stick with the highly respected resellers such as B&H or Adorama.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 10:31 AM   #29

I have purchased 2 lenses from Sigma4Less and was completely satisfied by their service. Did not have to return anything so I could not comment on their return policy.
mrcoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:39 PM   #30

Hi, I have purchased from Sigmafor less and have had no problems. I checked out may forums and could not find anything wrong with them. Their prices are hard to beat!
Attached Images

orbit1957 is offline   Reply With Quote