Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:16 PM   #1

Just wondering, is it normal for dust to be more visable on long exposure shots? The reason I ask is because I took two shots, one was 30 sec exposre, the other was 1/60th sec exposure (with flash). The long exposure shot shows ALOT of dust. The 1/60th sec shot shows almost no dust. Here's the shots:

Short exposure / almost no dust visable

Attached Images

RadioControlGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:17 PM   #2

long exposure / lots of dust / dirt visable
Attached Images

RadioControlGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 1:59 PM   #3

What aperture where those shot at? The higher the f-stop, the easier it will be for dust to be 'in focus' and you'll see it on the picture.

Barthold
barthold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 10:13 PM   #4

Did you fix the problem?

I have a similar problem -ONLY when I take pictures of the sky I see some spots -regardless the exposure time or aperture, or the mode (auto/P/manual,etc) selected.I didn't see this "dust" when I shoot on different colored surfaces - again, no matter the time selected (up to 30 seconds).

Please tell me if you fixed the problem!

Thank you.

Vidiac
vidiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 10:26 PM   #5
spy

There are lots of different "tools" to use to clean your sensor. You can find all sorts of them at your local dslr store. Dust is a problem that is normal and I have to blow off the sensor most every time I bring out my 20d to do some shooting. I can tell you, if your looking for a "fix", you'll never find it. "Fixing" dust problems is like "fixing" bad breath, ...the fix is only temporary, then you have to fix it again....and again....and again.

Get to know how to edit dust off your pics via your Photo Shop program. You'd never think the pic below was full of dust, but there wasthanks to PS for deleting it.
Attached Images

spy is offline   Reply With Quote