Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 18, 2003, 9:07 AM   #1

Default extention tubes

Maybe I should have posted this in the lens section?

Do the Canon extention tubes still allow AF, IS, and proper flash? I have heard that Nikon's do not transmit (basically) any data so you loose everything. So I wasn't sure if I should be considering a Canon tube or should I look at an after market one?

Heck, are the after market tubes as good/better than Canon's and I should save my money and get them? What do people use for extention tubes?
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2003, 12:20 PM   #2

Eric,
I have the short Canon extension tube. All functions work with it. I don't have an IS lens (28-70 f/2.8 L is my principal). Would not recommend the long one unless you have a VERY long lens. The 28-70 will focus almost to the front element.
Charles McFarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 4:40 PM   #3

Charles McFarland

Thanks for the info, that is exactly what I was looking for.

I was going to use it with either the 50mm f1.8 or the 28-135mm IS. Sure, I'd rather have the lens you've got, but I'm already spending almost 5K on a new system so I have to hold off. And who knows, maybe the 28-135 is sharp enough for my needs? (and if I need more light, I'll use my feet and the 50mm.)
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote