Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 11, 2006, 3:48 AM   #1

Well my 30d has finally turned up after the dealer had to beg borrow or steal from another shop in my state. I still don't have the battery grip which is on its way but at least Ive got the camera to play with. First impressions. Shutter seems sooooo different to my 300D, very much sounding like myfilm SLR. Love the burst mode, you can just bang off shot after shot I shot these at 400 ISO F8 with my 100-300 they are the first photos Ive taken with the camera. The camera is on default settings apart from that. Im quite happy regarding the noise after all the talk on the forums and I always run my shots through neat image anyway and do my sharpening on the computer as well so will probably see how the standard setting works out for the kind of photography I shoot.. These were taken in mid day light into the fig tree with lots of shadows etc. Im still getting used to the feel of the camera and having no battery grip is strange so I guess these first shots could have been better. the only editing is crop and batch resize for the net. Now I have to go and fully read the manual as the camera is still saying the year is 2000:-)

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2006, 11:47 AM   #2

Congrats on the new camera.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 11:49 AM   #3

It is nice feeling having a new good thing ... enjoy!
GM2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 11:53 AM   #4

Thanks guys, bit of a learning curve with this one yet. I gotta read the manual:lol:
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 1:33 PM   #5

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
Thanks guys, bit of a learning curve with this one yet. I gotta read the manual:lol:
hi alady, yest there is a learning curve, though coming from the 300D, yours will probably be fairly quick. i jumped from an FZ20, so there were a LOT of differences! but it looks like you're well on your way. i think you'll really enjoy the 30D... i know i'm having a blast with mine... i take it out every chance i get, and have shot over 2500 frames with it in the last 6 weeks! :G
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote