Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 7, 2006, 2:43 PM   #1

i just recently noticed three little specs when looking through the view finder and first i thought it might just be on the lens soi cleaned the lens and it was still there so i switched to a different lens and it was still there i tried cleaning the sensor and i cleaned the eye piece too and the little specs are still there. i read the post about the spots on the 20d sensor so i decided to check my pictures, i took the pictures trying to see the specs and i took a picture of a white door and i took it close to the handle on the door so when i look at the picture icould easily find if there was anything showing up and i couldnt find anything. does that mean theres dust somewhere else or do you think it might still be on the sensor because i do not have that strong of a blower to clean with. its not messing up my pictures so its not that big of a deal but it bothers me when i can see it in the viewfinder.
badhabbit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2006, 3:01 PM   #2
djb

The specs can't be on the sensor as the sensor is behind the closed shutter and mirror. The specs are probably on the mirror or the viewing screen. Not a problem. just annoying.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 3:09 PM   #3

well thats good to hear. do you think it would be worth the trouble trying to clean it or just let it go.

Old Jun 7, 2006, 3:12 PM   #4
djb

try using air from something like a Rocket Blower and see if you can get rid of it. do NOT use compressed air from a can. But, i wouldn't bother unless it's really annoying. I get spots and lint and they eventually do away and other dust follows.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 3:21 PM   #5

ill probably let it go for awhile and next time i get around to the carmer store ill buy a bigger blower if it keeps bothering me
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:04 PM   #6

I encountered the same problem with my 20D. So far the spot is still there after cleaning with a blower. I am going to leave it alone for now and not "OutSmart Myself" by messing with it.

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 3:03 PM   #7

I gave up on trying to remove the ones in my 10D view finder since they have no affect on the pictures at all. Yep annoying!!!!
Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote