Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 10, 2006, 3:40 AM   #1

Who has a CANON 20D? if so what was the name of the store where u bought it and how much did u pay for the camera /kit (do not includeextras...just the camera). im in the market for a 20d and looking for a good price, any info would be appreciated.........ALSO should i get the kit, or body only and buy a better lense?
italianwjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2006, 5:35 PM   #2

italianwjt wrote:
Quote:
Who has a CANON 20D? if so what was the name of the store where u bought it and how much did u pay for the camera /kit (do not includeextras...just the camera). im in the market for a 20d and looking for a good price, any info would be appreciated.........ALSO should i get the kit, or body only and buy a better lense?

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.a...u=CNEOS20D1855

Price is down since the 30d came out.
Canon EOS 20D SLR Camera and EF-S 18-55mm Kit with USA Warranty

$1,183.00

I wish I would have bought the 17-85 for a litle more reach

Bucky Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 7:52 PM   #3

hey

i HAD a 20d til someone decided they needed it more than myslef. that's right, tagged. i purchased mine last year, but the price has come down tremendously cause of the new and improved 30d. i do miss the 20d. i got mine thru cameta camera (ebay). i got the camera and the 18-55 lens. not too happy with the lens (plasticy). there is another kit lens that's a lil better (shoulda, woulda, coulda). i would get the better one. epinions.com has great reviews on the different lenses and cameras. depending on what you want to shoot, is the question concerningthe purchase oflenses. the 70-300mm IS (image stabilizer) USM lens is great for starter zoom lens (i love mine). also the 100mm lens is good for macro/close-up/portrait work. there's also 28-135mm IS USM that's a hot lens. try ebay for used lenses, but check out their feedback first. that's where i gotall of my lenses. by the way, i would make sure the camera has "made in japan" (not taiwan)imprinted on it. a wise shopper is a happy shopper.

life is but an open range. keep shootin'
jazzin junkshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 2:54 AM   #4

hey fellas,

cool, i think im going to get the body only and upgrade on the lens.

thanks a lot for the words of wisdom.
italianwjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 8:04 PM   #5

I bought mine on ebay (after constantly searching for the best price for 3 months). I paid $1180, and it came with the 18-55mm lens. Broadway Photo (broadwayphoto.com) had the best prices (plus shipping) that I could find. Make sure you're buying a new camera, not a resale. Good luck.
kilobravo is offline   Reply With Quote