Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:06 AM   #1

I have been looking for information on when Canon will properly support Apple Macs based on Intel processors.* ImageBrowser etc do run under emulation but are a bit slow.* I have hunted their website and there is no mention that I can find.* Does anyone here know their plans?Thanks,Terry
quasijones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2006, 5:32 PM   #2

For reference I note that the EOS XTi announcement mentions new versions of the Mac software that are Universal binaries will ship with it.* It says they will also be available for download but I can't find them yet...
quasijones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:31 AM   #3

Canon seems reluctant to talk about Universal Binaries. I have searched their site on a regular basis and can't determine if the software and or drivers are Universal. Yet I purchased a very inexpensive printer from HP last night ($21) and their website clearly states that their latest drivers are Universal and available online, also already included in OS X 10.4. Printer was automatically set up by OS X and worked right out of the box. My issue with Canon is that they are not very clear about Universal. All they say is that they support Mac. Quick note: Photo Elements 5.0 for Windows has been releasedhopefully Universal Eements 5.0 will arrive soon.
Ctrack is offline   Reply With Quote