Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Sep 26, 2006, 7:46 PM   #1

Title sez almost all. :blah: I have 3 Sigma lenses, and all of them worked in all focus modes, now only the single point modes work on all lenses. Guess I'll have to ship it back to Canon. I've heard horro stories about Canon service.:shock: Anybody have any idea how long it will take? And, of course, it's out of warrenty.:angry:
Thanx,
Ron :angry:
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2006, 8:53 PM   #2

I'm assuming you have gone back through the set up to select your auto focus point. I had a problem with mine not focusing at all, but then I relized I had set it to AI Servo so when I was trying to focus on a still object the lens would just hunt for focus. Once I switch back to single shot all was well. I guess I'm saying that it is sometimes easy to accedently change a setting and then things don't work as you expect them too. I know you've been around this forum quite a while and probably know your way around your camera pretty well too, but never hurts to double check everything. After rechecking everything I think I would call a Canon service rep and see if they could pin point the problem over the phone.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 5:42 AM   #3
NHL

surfnron

Did you try to reset the camera? (back to default or reselect the 9 AF)

At least on the 1D series camera if a lens is used with a teleconverter @ f/8 (i.e. 100-400L with a 1.4x TC) - the camera automatically switches to the center AF point only and remains there with all lenses until you manually switch it back to all AF points...
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:35 AM   #4

Above advice is good, also try looking at your custom functions, I believe its #4 that deals with AF. I had the exact same problem last week and resetting the CF did the trick.

Also make sure you don't have the * on....

hope this helps....lynne
urbanaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:23 PM   #5

Well, I feel reeeeealy stupid. Yes, it was on AI servo, and before I saw that, I changed the custom settings so that when I looked at the focus mode, (thanx Caboose), it still did not work right. Finally got it back to normal and my thanx to all that responded. :whack::roll::G

Please forget that you read this....
Thanx,
Ron
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote