Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Oct 11, 2006, 8:51 PM   #1

What does "Shooting Raw" Mean?
jeffw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:28 PM   #2

Setting your camera's format to 'RAW' rather than JPG or TIFF. A RAW photo has no in-camera processing done to it, a truly raw picture. Some call it a digital negative.
mrcoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 2:19 PM   #3

I recently shot RAW for the first time. I used the RAW + jpeg mode. When trying to get the photos from the camera, all I got was 2 jpeg files for each picture, both about the same size (around normal jpeg size ~3.0mb). Where are the RAW files? :?
elduderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 3:22 PM   #4

elduderino wrote:
Quote:
I recently shot RAW for the first time. I used the RAW + jpeg mode. When trying to get the photos from the camera, all I got was 2 jpeg files for each picture, both about the same size (around normal jpeg size ~3.0mb). Where are the RAW files? :?
How are you attempting to access them? What brand of camera is it? (Most brands have their own tools for downloading.)
mrcoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 7:49 AM   #5

I don't know of any camera that produces dual jpeg images. They can produce RAW + JPEG, some allow various sizes for the jpeg version but raw files are all the same size. You may be using software that's converting the RAW file to JPEG (larger file) and the smaller file is most likely the JPEG straight from the camera. We need to know what type of software and camera you're using before we can give better advice.
wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote