Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Oct 20, 2006, 2:08 AM   #1

Hi all...

I've got a Powershot S2 IS and I'm looking into getting both the wide angle and telephoto lenses for it.....and possibly some filters as well....atleast a UV filter and Circ-Polarizing filter...

Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with brands....which ones that are crappy or intermediate and pro/high quality.

From what I've read, Opteka isn't a good brand...

I've been cruising around and from what I can gather I like the Hoya lenses (atleast the HMC line of filters) and I was looking at a Tokina wide angle (3x) lens and telephoto lens...

I know ebay isn't too popular with some but I've seen some cheaper prices on both lenses and filters....including Tokina kits that have both lenses and a few filters

Would anyone like to give me any advice as to what I might stay away from brand wise or give me any suggestions of something I should be looking at that I might not know about already?

I've gotten a grip on the S2 IS and I figured it's time to experiment some more but I don't know enough about the lenses and such...

And can I assume that any lens that I buy that isn't listed in the S2 IS manual still needs the adapter as well?....this part for sure I know I'm confused on.....all I know is the S2 IS has a 58mm ring and that's the stuff I've been looking at....

I'm heading to St. Lucia this winter and would like a small arsenal to play around with as I enjoy the scenery....

All help appreciated!
Viroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:55 PM   #2

anyone?
Viroguy is offline   Reply With Quote