Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Mar 4, 2007, 8:25 PM   #1

Over the last 4 years I have gotten my jollies taking outdoor scenic dig pics of the National Parks. (I'm a physician assistant but am not QUITE ready to quit my day job yet!)

www.bishoplandscapephotos.com

This Sept I am doing a whirlwind tour of Black Canyon/North Rim Grand/Zion/Bryce/Canyonalnds/and Arches. Initially I had used my original Canon Rebel, then moved up to the Canon 20D. I plan to use my new Canon XTi this time when I go in Sept. The lense I have used with the Early Rebel and the 20D was the CanonEF-S IS 17-85mm.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Would anyone care to recommend a better Canon lense(I have the hots for Cannon...sorry) for the early morning/late afternnon pics I'll be taking of the scenic shots of all the 6 National Parks? I almost always use a tripod and will be doing some night shots also with/without moonlight. I invariably use the "P" program setting to get the most data in the file.

Thanks.

JGBishop
pacman1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:41 PM   #2

Looks like you're doing some nice work already. You might want to look into a wide-angle to further your passion for landscapes.

I have the Tokina 12 - 24mm f4 as my wide-angle (as well as) my principal "walk around" lens. You might want to check it out. If you want to stay with Canon, I understand (no personal experience) the apx 40% more expensive (street) Canon 10 - 22mm is a sound alternative . . .

Best.

:|
fastglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:41 PM   #3

Looks like you're doing some nice work already. You might want to look into a wide-angle to further your passion for landscapes.

I have the Tokina 12 - 24mm f4 as my wide-angle (as well as) my principal "walk around" lens. You might want to check it out. If you want to stay with Canon, I understand (no personal experience) the apx 40% more expensive (street) Canon 10 - 22mm is a sound alternative . . .

Best.

:|
fastglass is offline   Reply With Quote